logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aodinfo  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 9:40:33 AM(UTC)
aodinfo

Canada

where disable transition animation version 6

Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 11:28:54 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
To my knowledge it is not possible to disable the transition animations. You can register an enhancement request within our Product Feedback Portal.

Why are you wanting to disable them?
ScreenConnect Team
clickright  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 12:10:50 AM(UTC)
clickright

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Canada

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
To my knowledge it is not possible to disable the transition animations. You can register an enhancement request within our Product Feedback Portal.

Sorry to butt in, but I came here to search for the option to disable it, only to find this thread.

I don't like any animations ever, they are time consuming and neausiating. I always disable animations on all my Android Phone, and use "reduce motion" on Apple devices when I'm forced to use one.

Please advise when this option will be available.

I have already registered my vote here: https://control.product....-6-is-to-slow-900-guest#

Edited by user Saturday, March 31, 2018 12:11:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nobody961  
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 31, 2018 11:40:12 AM(UTC)
nobody961

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Germany

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post

I would say, the the question is why add transitions/animations in the first place?
They waste developer time by developing them
They waste additional developer time by time developers watching them
They waste CPU time
They waste User time
For sure, someone will find additional cons.

The only pro I know regarding animations&/transitions that you can waste time by looking at them.

jQuery  
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 7, 2018 8:33:45 PM(UTC)
jQuery

United States

Just upgraded to ScreenConnect 6.6.17081.6648 and these animations are hilarious. Extension signing requirements for on-prem? LOL.

"Quick" Fix -- Open up App_Themes/base.css (make a backup first) and look for lines which begin with animation and prefix them with a couple of dashes. For example --

Code:
.MasterPanel > :not(ul) {
		animation: SlideInLeft $doubleTransitionTime ease-in-out, FadeIn $doubleTransitionTime ease-in-out;
	}

To:
Code:
.MasterPanel > :not(ul) {
		--animation: SlideInLeft $doubleTransitionTime ease-in-out, FadeIn $doubleTransitionTime ease-in-out;
	}

Which should take care of the majority of the UI enhancements. I opted to keep a couple such as the fades in the subpanel. Removing them gives off the appearance of pausing while asynchronous operations are completed. More sleuthing may find a fix for this but I've got you started until they provide a supported way of dealing with this.

ScreenConnect, move the animations to a separate CSS document and create a config setting where the end-user can choose to include this file or not (e.g. Allow UI Animations).

Edited by user Saturday, April 7, 2018 8:36:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Spelling & Words

Scott  
#6 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 11:19:58 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Just to ensure people following this thread are aware, we are investigating ways to reduce the overall movement perceived from the animations.

I cannot say that the ability to completely disable them is planned, but nothing is off of the table. Please ensure you are voting/commenting/creating requests within our Product Feedback Portal.
ScreenConnect Team
neweggeek  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 2:42:21 PM(UTC)
neweggeek

Man
United States

I was able to disable all the animations so far except for:

animation: ModalSlideOut $transitionTime ease-in forwards;

I had to keep this one enabled to allow the session connect dialog box to close.