logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
alerinaldi  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 10:59:51 AM(UTC)
alerinaldi

Hello,
I'm a happy ConnectWise Control user from a few years, and I'm really happy with it.

I'm just having a problem with expired domain accounts: when I try to login, I except to be able to change my password with a new one. Instead, I only receive a generic message:
Quote:
Password has expired; contact your system administrator to change your password and try again.

I tried with "Windows Active Directory" and "LDAP" user sources, but the result is the same.

I'v seen other ConnectWise Control scenarios where passowrd changing for domain users is possible: what am I missing?

Thanks!

Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 19, 2018 11:46:32 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
To my knowledge you cannot change a password for a user for a source other than internal forms. This means if you authenticate via LDAP, AD, SAML, or Oauth2, you must change the password in some other way.

You are welcome to register an enhancement request to change this at our Product Feedback Portal.

Edited by user Monday, March 19, 2018 11:47:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScreenConnect Team