logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GMCfourX4  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:02:37 PM(UTC)
GMCfourX4

United States

Our installation was upgraded to 6.5 without the upgrade-er being aware that we have an in-house extension. We now can't use it due to the incomprehensible decision to require CW to inspect and review any change made to a PRIVATE server (I know this is over-stating, but I'm very upset... this type of over-reach is the type of decision that takes a happy customer and turns them into an X-customer).

I tried to run the 6.4 installation, but got a message that I needed to manually uninstall to downgrade. Are there any instructions for this process? Do I risk losing configuration settings, or having to re-configure the application from scratch by going backwards?

Thanks,
-Chris

MannyTC  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 16, 2018 4:51:31 AM(UTC)
MannyTC

Medals: Bug Buster Level One: Spoon!Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 45 post(s)
If I remember correctly this is what I have done in the past to downgrade.

Uninstall current version
Restore your backup of the complete 6.4 folder from before the upgrade
Run the 6.4 installation

Assuming that you did not upgrade all of the access guests to 6.5 then you should be good to go. If you did upgrade any access guests you will need to uninstall them from the PCs and then deploy 6.4 access client again. If you have upgraded all of your access guests to 6.5 I don't believe there is any automated way to go back.

Edited by user Friday, March 16, 2018 4:54:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked MannyTC for this useful post.
GMCfourX4 on 3/16/2018(UTC)
shawnkhall  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 4:54:21 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
the most important stuff are the web.config, session.db and the app_extensions folder. if you backup, uninstall, reinstall the old version, then put these back you'll probably be ok. there should be a backup copy under c:\programdata named "screenconnectbackup.#", however. You'll lose whatever you have changed since the "upgrade."

Also, don't forget to upvote this feature request:
https://control.product....-custom-extensions-in-65