logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
evputten  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 9:43:38 AM(UTC)
evputten

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Netherlands

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
A new extension popped-up.

Remote Diagnostic Toolkit, it has the same description as the Remote System Diagnostic.
I can however not install it because it says I need a premium license. (We're running the On-Premise version)

What this all about guys ?

First i'm no longer allowed to change this kind of stuff in version 6.5 and up , and now I need a Premium license for extension that where already there, or am i wrong ?
I applied for a developer cloud instance, got a question why I wanted that because they are not handed out to everybody and have not got a response to that yet.

Kind regards,
Erik.

p.s. The Reporting Dashboard board also needs a premium license, looks like the previous extension named Report Manager.

Edited by user Friday, February 16, 2018 9:54:56 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Reporting Dashboard extension added

thanks 1 user thanked evputten for this useful post.
wcs on 1/20/2019(UTC)

Mike  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 3:04:29 PM(UTC)
Mike

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 68 post(s)
Hi Erik,

Thanks for your post. We introduced two extensions as features of the Cloud Premium license. We wanted to create more separation between the standard and premium Cloud licensing tiers. The decision was made to introduce these features as extensions to make them easier to support. In the future, we may consider extensions aimed at other licensing tiers including on-premise, but the Cloud Premium license was the first to receive upgrades.

We never received your developer license response, please resend so we can get you set up.

ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Mike for this useful post.
wcs on 1/20/2019(UTC)
evputten  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 16, 2018 3:20:23 PM(UTC)
evputten

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Netherlands

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Thanks for your answer Mike.

As far as I know the on-premise license has all the features of the Premium license if you look in the Feature Matrix.

There's no option Standard On-Premise and Premium On-Premise license as far as I can see.
So i was expecting On-Premise license to be eligible for these extensions.

If there is such a change i'd like to know as well, and possible costs.

Concerning the developer license.
I got a mail from ConnectWise about this, responding after sending in the developer the form with the extra details again, i'll reply to your original mail with the details now as well.

Kind regards,
Erik.

Edited by moderator Monday, February 19, 2018 7:45:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Edit CW employee's name

thanks 1 user thanked evputten for this useful post.
wcs on 1/20/2019(UTC)
cdandrea  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 17, 2018 11:58:08 PM(UTC)
cdandrea

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Canada

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)
And so it continues...
This is beyond the pale.
Yet another step in shutting out long-time users.

Was there an announcement posted somewhere about this change?
Or is it quietly being introduced in hopes that it goes unnoticed?

The Compare Packages PDF that you provide on the Pricing page conveniently excludes a column for features provided with an on-premises license.
It would be advisable to add that to the matrix.
There should be a clear definition of its features compared to the cloud-hosted solution.
Otherwise, what stops CW from changing/excluding features as they see fit?

This is starting to remind me of CW Manage, where new features were released exclusively as cloud-only.
The justification behind those choices were more understandable, as many were truly new features that required a centralized infrastructure to be housed by CW itself.
However, converting two existing features previously available to all partners, on-premise and cloud, seems a little out of left field and frankly leaves me a little miffed.

It just points to the trend unfortunate trend.

Cursing Confused

Edited by user Sunday, February 18, 2018 12:04:37 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 2 users thanked cdandrea for this useful post.
ckibodeaux on 2/19/2018(UTC), wcs on 1/20/2019(UTC)
ebell  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 4:10:32 AM(UTC)
ebell

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
After attending the webinar the other day where they mentioned the Reports extension. I went to Extensions in my on-prem and noticed the Reports extension available with a Premium license required notice. So, I called Sales inquiring how on-prem customers could get a Premium License to install these Extensions. I talked to two people that had no idea what I was talking about as they said only the cloud version has a Premium option. The lady mentioned she would contact PM regarding this. About 10 minutes later she called back and asked where I had seen this extension as on-prem installations should not have seen it.

So, I like others am concerned that features are being rolled out that will not be available (free or cost) to all. To learn that ConnectWise Manage went this router doesn't "look good" for the future of us on-prem users.

Back to the phone call. The rep mentioned "we are still rolling out and testing these features. It was a mistake that they were displayed in an on-prem version."
thanks 1 user thanked ebell for this useful post.
wcs on 1/20/2019(UTC)
ckibodeaux  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 19, 2018 8:55:44 AM(UTC)
ckibodeaux

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Back in the day (before ConnectWise) ScreenConnect was advertised as an affordable self-hosted solution that the CUSTOMER could control without a monthly fee and that there would be no sacrifice in features.

Old ScreenConnect Website

Then along comes ConnectWise and this wonderful software begins its decent into being just another money hungry remote support tool like the rest.

• Cloud offerings - Began monthly pricing.
  • Extreme new pricing for on-premise - Sure legacy partners could continue renewing at a discount (for now).
  • Downloads missing - The new ConnectWise Control pages are missing the downloads. You have to remember the old download location.
  • Premium license - Now features are being restricted to the cloud offerings leaving us on-premise guys behind.

The writing is on the wall, ConnectWise does not care what we think and they are only after money. Thankfully my company is not in need of any advanced features provided by the extensions and we have a legacy license with the old renewal price. However, if we would be in the market today for a remote support tool I'm confident that ConnectWise Control would no longer be at the top of our list for candidates. With that said should the legacy license or on-premise be cancelled or crippled beyond use I will be the first one out of here and shopping for a new solution that listens to their customers like the old ScreenConnect brand did.

I continue to hope there is a "get out of jail free" clause in the contract that states if ConnectWise totally trashes the software that it would be handed back over to Elsinore Technologies and we can return to the roots of a company and software that listened.
thanks 5 users thanked ckibodeaux for this useful post.
point99trash2011 on 2/20/2018(UTC), rich2323 on 2/23/2018(UTC), shawnkhall on 2/24/2018(UTC), cdandrea on 2/25/2018(UTC), wcs on 1/20/2019(UTC)
teksigns  
#7 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 6:13:06 PM(UTC)
teksigns

Medals: Bug Buster Level Two: Bugs are more afraid of you than you are of them...ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
does seem like the company is taking the same dark road as others trashing a great piece of software .

money is and will always be the root of all evil .
thanks 1 user thanked teksigns for this useful post.
wcs on 1/20/2019(UTC)
rich2323  
#8 Posted : Friday, February 23, 2018 9:19:56 PM(UTC)
rich2323

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
this makes me sad ;-(
thanks 1 user thanked rich2323 for this useful post.
wcs on 1/20/2019(UTC)