logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TravisT  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 7:18:06 PM(UTC)
TravisT

United States

I have updated our logo, it used to have the words screen connect in it, and now I am changing it to Control. I updated the LogoPanel.Image and LogoPanel.ImageLight with the new image. It looks like it was accepted, it is now shown in the Web Resources section. But it is not updating on the main page, it still shows the old image. If I turn LogoPanel.ImageVisable to False, the old image goes away but comes back when putting back to true.

I have tried from other browsers to see if it changes, thinking it might be a cached issue, but it has been a week now, and I am just not sure how to get the new image to appear.

Thanks for any help or insight.

Ben B  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 7:50:52 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TravisT Go to Quoted Post
I have updated our logo, it used to have the words screen connect in it, and now I am changing it to Control. I updated the LogoPanel.Image and LogoPanel.ImageLight with the new image. It looks like it was accepted, it is now shown in the Web Resources section. But it is not updating on the main page, it still shows the old image. If I turn LogoPanel.ImageVisable to False, the old image goes away but comes back when putting back to true.

I have tried from other browsers to see if it changes, thinking it might be a cached issue, but it has been a week now, and I am just not sure how to get the new image to appear.

Thanks for any help or insight.

Good afternoon,

I wasn't immediately able to replicate the behavior you describe. Would you mind providing some additional information:

1) What version of Control are you using?
2) Can you link to the images you wish to use for LogoPanel.Icon and LogoPanel.IconLight (if not, what resolution are these images)?
3) On what operating system have you installed the Control server (or are you on cloud)?
4) What values have you set for LogoPanel.Heading and LogoPanel.HeadingVisible?

Regards,
Ben
ScreenConnect Team
TravisT  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 31, 2017 8:05:38 PM(UTC)
TravisT

United States

Version: 6.3.13446.6374

Installed on Windows 2008 R2 Server

LogoPanel.Heading = *Default (ConnectWise Control Remote Support Software)
LogoPanel.HeadingVisible = *Default (False)

The image is a .PNG 24.5kb 662 x 84 pixels

Thanks for any time spent on this issue

DanielUK  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 7:55:27 AM(UTC)
DanielUK

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 7 post(s)
TravisT are you referring to the animal head at the top left of the 'Host' webpage?

I've not been able to replace it with my own image using the web admin interface, but have a line of CSS in the theme I use (Embedded)

Code:
/* Replace the ScreenConnect logo in the Host control panel */
.LogoIconVisible .HeaderPanel .LogoIconLink {background-image: url(https://www.somewhere.com/logo-for-screenconnect.png); }

UserPostedImage
TravisT  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 12:25:54 PM(UTC)
TravisT

United States

I was able to change the top left logo, the main Logo is stuck at the previous image I added. Bellow, you can see how it is currently being displayed, and in the admin settings you can see it has my new logo

Current Display

Admin Settings

Replacement Logo
Conrad L  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 2:38:45 PM(UTC)
Conrad L

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TravisT Go to Quoted Post
I was able to change the top left logo, the main Logo is stuck at the previous image I added. Bellow, you can see how it is currently being displayed, and in the admin settings you can see it has my new logo

Current Display

Admin Settings

Replacement Logo

Hi TravisT,

I believe the issue may be the size of the image. I was able to reproduce your problem using the image you supplied (Replacement Logo: 24.5KB .png file, 662 x 84 pixels), insofar as I was unable to save the resource. You did mention, however, that it appeared as though the asset was accepted, as it was shown in the Web Resources section, but I was unable to reproduce this particular aspect of your problem.

UserPostedImage

After resizing the image (17.3KB .png, 331 x 42 pixels), I was able to save the resource and it showed up without issue on the guest page (forgive the quality of the image. I had to make the image transparent again and did so with some cheap online tool).

UserPostedImage
ScreenConnect Team
TravisT  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, August 1, 2017 2:59:51 PM(UTC)
TravisT

United States

DING DING DING

That did fix it. I re-edited the image to be 438x42 and it uploaded and displays correctly.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!

UserPostedImage