logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeffshead  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2017 8:01:58 PM(UTC)
jeffshead

United States

Maybe I'm wrong but I do not recall SC leaving Aero disabled when ending a session or maybe previous SC versions did not disable Aero.

If SC disables Aero when connecting, shouldn't it re-enable it when disconnecting? If not, this is going to cause a lot of wasted time and customer complaints.

I experience this issue when connecting to a client from the Android app.

Edited by user Sunday, July 2, 2017 11:46:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Ben B  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 3:17:43 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jeffshead Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I'm wrong but I do not recall SC leaving Aero disabled when ending a session or maybe previous SC versions did not disable Aero.

If SC disables Aero when connecting, shouldn't it re-enable it when disconnecting? If not, this is going to cause a lot of wasted time and customer complaints.

I experience this issue when connecting to a client from the Android app.

Current and previous versions of ConnectWise Control do not disable Aero on the guest machine; however, you can configure the client to automatically hide or not hide the guest's wallpaper upon connect (by default, we hide the guest's wallpaper on connect). When the host disconnects from the session, the wallpaper should be restored to its original form.

More information about configuring this setting is available here:

https://docs.connectwise...allpaper_upon_connection

You may configure app.config settings (including the HideWallpaperOnConnect setting) using the Edit App.Config Settings extension. More information about this extension is available here:

https://docs.connectwise...Edit_App.Config_Settings

I just re-read your original post -- if you're experiencing issues with the wallpaper not being restored after disconnecting from a session to a Windows 7 guest as an Android host, would you mind providing some additional information about your environment, including:

1) What version of the Android app are you using?
2) What version of Control are you using (the latest stable release is 6.3.13466)?
3) Does the guest client version installed on the Win 7 guest match the server version?
4) If you connect to the Win 7 guest from a Windows host machine, does the wallpaper also fail to be restored on the guest after disconnecting?

Regards,
Ben

Edited by user Monday, July 3, 2017 3:34:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: clarification

ScreenConnect Team
jeffshead  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 9:41:06 PM(UTC)
jeffshead

United States

I'm referring to Aero, not the wallpaper.

After more testing, the issue seems to occur with only a handful of guest machines. Aero is disabled when I connect to any of these machines with SC. If SC does not disable Aero, then something else is doing it when SC connects.

All affected machines are Win7x64.

Client and server versions match (6.3.13446.6374).

Android app is 6.2.13372.6366.

After running this script (http://forum.screenconnect.com/yaf_postsm22287_Automatically-disable-Aero.aspx#post22287) on each guest, Aero is no longer being disabled when connecting with Sc. Weird??? I'm guessing Windows was detecting something when SC connected and disabled Aero for performance.
Cooper  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 6:13:30 PM(UTC)
Cooper

Medals: Bug Buster Level One: Spoon!Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm not sure if this is exactly your reported issue; however, there's an ongoing thread in the following location regarding the Aero theme performance message.

http://product.screencon...902-change-color-scheme/
jeffshead  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:42:07 PM(UTC)
jeffshead

United States

Originally Posted by: Cooper Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure if this is exactly your reported issue; however, there's an ongoing thread in the following location regarding the Aero theme performance message.

http://product.screencon...902-change-color-scheme/

Thanks, Cooper!

I believe it is the same issue. I do recall seeing the MS warning once, on one of the machines.

So far, the issue hasn't returned since running that script. I guess disabling and re-enabling the Aero service helps. I'll post back if the issue returns.

jeffshead  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 9:56:45 PM(UTC)
jeffshead

United States

Spoke too soon. Started doing it again but I never did get a Windows pop-up.