logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MikeD  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 4:27:05 PM(UTC)
MikeD

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
using 6.2.12963.6312

Sometimes when I connect to a guest the session connects and the user at the other end can see the mouse moving at it says I am connected BUT all I can see is a completely black/ blank window

I have just found one reason for this. When the guest is running a banking session secured by IBM Trusteer the screenconnect screen traffic is explicitly blocked by trusteer. As soon as the client closed the browser the screenconnect display was restored

I am not saying this is a bad thing or thinking it is a bug. I am just making you aware it happens as it may help other people

In my particular case the client wanted help with his banking so he was disappointed when I couldn't connect

MannyTC  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 28, 2017 6:45:26 PM(UTC)
MannyTC

Medals: Bug Buster Level One: Spoon!Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Thanks for the info. I run into black screens about 15% of the time but is not related to Trusteer. Usually what I do is turn on the screen blank feature and then move the mouse around and the screen then starts working. That works about 90% of the time when I get the black screen. Once I can see the screen I turn the blanking back off and then all if fine again.