logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GodzFire  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 23, 2017 5:20:56 PM(UTC)
GodzFire

United States

I don't know if this would be considered a bug, so I'm posting here first, although I personally definitely consider it as such.
UserPostedImage

I have 16 PCs selected. Note on the right side how it goes "SPARE302311, SPARE302312, SPARE302313, S..."? In previous versions, it would have listed all 16 PC names fully. You could then select that whole list and copy/paste it. This was amazingly useful because it allowed you to easily grab lists of PCs that you applied the filter to. As it stands now, all you can select is 3, which obviously isn't practical when you have a large amount of selected sessions.

Can this PLEASE be reverted back?

Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 11:12:34 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
So, this was an intended change, likely around 6.0-ish when we last did some significant changes to the Host page. So, while it might look like a bug we would consider it a Feature Request to change it back, because it's working as intended. You're welcome to register something within our Product Feedback Site.

With that said, and I'm not trying to say that it's ideal or even a good workaround, the data is still present within the Host page when multiple sessions are selected, but buried within the element itself. If you right-click on the panel and say 'Inspect Element', the developer console will open and allow you to copy the element's innerHTML values. Screenshot showing Firefox below:
UserPostedImage

The process might not look exactly the same in Chrome, but it shouldn't be too far off.
ScreenConnect Team
GodzFire  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 26, 2017 12:44:59 PM(UTC)
GodzFire

United States

While I do appreciate the workaround as something is better than nothing, I have to wonder who thought it would be a good idea to take this feature away and change it to it's current state, as I don't see the benefit of how it is now with reduced functionality, and I'd definitely consider it a step back. If getting it changed back requires me to put in a Feature Request I will, unfortunately I doubt anything will come of it since I'm just one person and it would be considered not worth it.