logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jon@risolv  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 11:20:34 PM(UTC)
jon@risolv

Canada

Hi,

As per this page: https://help.screenconnect.com/Server_architecture

I was wondering if anyone had used the horizontal scaling illustrated in the above document. Reading it it speaks more about the application than about some sort of configuration change but I was hoping there might be some hints regarding that sort of setup.

My ideal scenario would be having the Session Manager and Relay on one box and Web Server on another because of the way I've setup my environment.

I would be fine using Firewall rules to forward traffic to the second server so that the configuration from a ScreenConnect client's perspective wouldn't be anything too odd.

Thanks,

_jonathan
aslee  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 8, 2018 4:55:52 AM(UTC)
aslee

Japan

I'm wondering about this too.

And I find it odd that, despite stating:
"Horizontal scaling is not a supported implementation at this time, but our team is available to answer questions in our forum"
on the page that jon@risolv linked to above, CW still hasn't answered his question after 2 years.

P.S. I just found the following feature request, also from 2 years ago:
https://control.product....le-out-on-larger-network

Edited by user Thursday, November 8, 2018 4:58:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 12:43:40 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 297 post(s)
So that document refers to the ability for our process to run in a few different ways. By default, starting the process will start each of the three parts (Web Server, Relay, and Session Manager) within the single process itself. By making a minor modification to the ImagePath setting within the Service definition in the registry for the three services you can tell each service to start only its specific part. This allows for the application to essentially run the Web Server, Relay, and Session Manager as its own process. There are a number of reasons why this can be beneficial but they are mainly centered around development and bug investigating. When the server process was still running on the 32bit architecture it would increase the available memory pool up to 3x. As of an early 6.x release, however, the server now runs at 64bits and the available memory pool is astronomically larger.

The Feature Request to which @aslee refers is similar but not quite the same thing. Right now the above configuration can only be done on a single server, as in the interop communication must be on the same machine. If you are interested in configuring your On-Premise instance in this way you can find mostly unofficial documentation here. I call it mostly unofficial because while it was written by members of the ConnectWise Control team, it is important to note that we do not guarantee it to work and we cannot support the setup.
ScreenConnect Team