logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jasgot  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 26, 2011 8:45:10 AM(UTC)
jasgot

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I'm working on a customer's PC, remotely, with ScreenConnect. I am cleaning it up from a whole host of malware and spyware problems. I am at the stage where I am running Spybot Search and Destroy, and SBS&D has rebooted the PC and is is now running before the desktop is loaded. If you run SBS&D, you know what I am looking at right now.

Anyway, it is going pretty slowly, it's a slower machine and the weekend, so I'm not all that concerned.

It's been running about 22 hours now, and it is scanning about 2 files per second.

I just used SC to blank the customer's screen and the processing speed of the SBS&D scanning just jumped to about 50 files per second.

I thought you all might find that interesting and might find it useful if you are ever in a situation where you think the PC is running slowly, see if blanking the remote screen helps.

The only thing on the screen is the SBS&D window. I'm not suggesting a problem, just offering some info that may help others in their persuit of happiness!

Cheers,

Jason

Jake  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 8:49:35 AM(UTC)
Jake

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Was thanked: 393 time(s) in 188 post(s)
This happens with older machines that aren't capable of hardware support for our screen capture. Also minimizing the host client should work on long running operations like this, as it tells the guest client to stop capturing entirely.
ScreenConnect Team
jasgot  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 9:27:39 AM(UTC)
jasgot

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Jake Morgan wrote:
This happens with older machines that aren't capable of hardware support for our screen capture. Also minimizing the host client should work on long running operations like this, as it tells the guest client to stop capturing entirely.

Thanks!

That'll be most helpful.