logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
arringtondla  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 9:49:31 AM(UTC)
arringtondla

Hello, are the software keyboards on today's Android smartphones fully 100% compatible inside a session?

I'm asking because I'm sure SC users may need to have access to the CLI, or web search, etc. on phones that have software only keyboards.

I don't have an Android device to test this with, but I've noticed in the SC Android demo video on YouTube the phone that the host was using is a hardware keyboard (Motorola Droid?).

Thanks!

P.S. Is there a chance of getting a small tutorial or "How to" with screenshots, that covers everything about the Android SC software on your online support page?

Jake  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 10:26:17 AM(UTC)
Jake

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Was thanked: 393 time(s) in 188 post(s)
Yes, there is a menu option to bring up the soft keyboard.

We have some people working on feature videos in general, so I'll let them know of your request.

Coincidentally, I was just working on this for iOS. Android is much much nicer from this perspective. In iOS we have to create a hidden textbox to popup the soft-keyboard.
ScreenConnect Team