logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
shawnkhall  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2019 8:45:40 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
We've been battered with snow and frequent power and ISP outages locally. This inspired me to create a rule to identify Notes where I've flagged individual ISPs ("isp:comcast" and "isp:cal.net" for example) since it would enable me to quickly identify whether an outage is affecting the entire ISP or just the specific customer.

I can use "(Notes LIKE 'isp:*') AND (GuestConnectedCount > 0)" to create a major session group, but can't figure out any syntax to be able to have subgroups like "isp:comcast" and "isp:cal.net" beneath that group. I do *not* want to include all Notes as the subgroups, since Notes are used for extensive device and customer details and this would be ineffective for my purpose.

Is there a way to perform session group filtering *with* sub-groups based only on *specific* Notes values?

Yes, I know I can do a search for "isp:cal.net" to pull all of them, but it would be easier to click once on "ISP" and look at the raw numbers.

chriscamp  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 1:15:02 PM(UTC)
chriscamp

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I'm thinking you may want to do this using a CustomPropertyN instead of Notes. The problem I see with Notes is it is a list, and you can have many values that would cause the subgroup to be useless.

i.e. The following works for me: Session Filter = Notes like 'isp:*' then use Notes as the Subgroup expression. In my test it works, but... Initially, the subgroup is "isp: Comcast", then when I add another note, it becomes isp: Comcast;Test and yet another isp: Comcast;Test;asdf

I would probably use a custom property for ISP (assuming you have one available to dedicate).

If you were to use CustomProperty6:

Session Filter: (CustomProperty6 <> '') AND (GuestConnectedCount > 0)
Subgroup Expression: CustomProperty6