logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jpikcells  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 10:34:15 AM(UTC)
Jpikcells

United Kingdom

Hi,

We are experiencing this on Windows10 machines where turning on Blank Guest monitor shows the black screen with text locally and on the remote connected machine (meaning the remote user cannot see anything on the screen)

Client version is 6.9.21691.6956

Win10 version is 10.0.1.17763

Any ideas?
pnakhwa  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 8:54:07 PM(UTC)
pnakhwa

United States

Hi,
So if I understand this correctly, the issue is that blanking the guest monitor is resulting in the monitor getting blanked on the guest as well as the host side? Did you open a support ticket for this issue? If not, I would recommend you to do that. Also, I tried to replicate this issue on our Windows 10 VMs but it seems to works fine. Can you elaborate more on this issue and give some more details about your environment?
Thanks.
Jpikcells  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:22:39 PM(UTC)
Jpikcells

United Kingdom

Originally Posted by: pnakhwa Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
So if I understand this correctly, the issue is that blanking the guest monitor is resulting in the monitor getting blanked on the guest as well as the host side? Did you open a support ticket for this issue? If not, I would recommend you to do that. Also, I tried to replicate this issue on our Windows 10 VMs but it seems to works fine. Can you elaborate more on this issue and give some more details about your environment?
Thanks.

Hi,

I've just done a quick test and computers running Windows10 Build 1803 display the remote message on the host and the remote client. The computers on Windows 10 Build 1809 blank it correctly on the host machine only.

I'll force through some updates and see if that solves it. I'll update this thread with my findings either way.

Thanks.
Scott  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 20, 2019 3:04:14 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 302 post(s)
@Jpikcells did the updates resolve the issue? If so, to which build did you upgrade?

Also, on machine(s) where this was happening, are they laptops plugged into external monitors or just normal desktop computers?
ScreenConnect Team