logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ScottBeeson  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 3:02:57 PM(UTC)
ScottBeeson

If I connect to a machine on my LAN, does screenconnect use any external bandwidth? IE, would it count towards my ISP cap?
ScottBeeson  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 3:58:45 PM(UTC)
ScottBeeson

I confirmed that sessions are sending extensive amounts of bandwidth to an Amazon compute instance.

Is there a peer-to-peer option for LAN connections?
ScottBeeson  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 28, 2019 4:08:54 PM(UTC)
ScottBeeson

Just found this feature request from 4 years ago: http://controlforum.conn...otiation-over-relay.aspx

Add my +1 to that. 90% of our utilization is over LAN. We have used over 5 gigs of our ISP data cap in the last 24 hours just for internal ScreenConnect sessions! This isn't sustainable :(

UserPostedImage
glass07  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 1:38:06 AM(UTC)
glass07

Originally Posted by: ScottBeeson Go to Quoted Post
Just found this feature request from 4 years ago: http://controlforum.conn...otiation-over-relay.aspx

Add my +1 to that. 90% of our utilization is over LAN. We have used over 5 gigs of our ISP data cap in the last 24 hours just for internal ScreenConnect sessions! This isn't sustainable :(

UserPostedImage

I doubt this will happen with the way the relay is designed. It takes the firewall out of the equation. What is your use-case? Screenconnect is as efficient as any other remote support tool when it comes to bandwidth. Of course any extended session usage will suck up bandwidth.

If you are primarily supporting local machines, on-prem Control makes more sense than Cloud. If that's not an option.. there's always RDP/VNC.
ScottBeeson  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 2:22:37 PM(UTC)
ScottBeeson

Where can I get info on the on-premises option? I don't see it anywhere on the website.

Unfortunately RDP is not an option as we have specialized video drivers on our machines that RDP interferes with. As for VNC, the whole reason we went with ConnectWise is to have a centralized list of machines and the ability to control access based on roles/groups.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2019 2:23:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

mhanson  
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 12:39:18 PM(UTC)
mhanson

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Check out their pricing page and scroll all the way to the bottom. On-premise options just require a contact to support. The price starts at around 2k and goes up depending on configuration and hardware requirements.

How many technicians/devices are you looking to control?

Edited by user Thursday, January 31, 2019 12:40:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScottBeeson  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 4, 2019 9:58:16 PM(UTC)
ScottBeeson

Thanks for the guidance. We'll have 3-5 "techs" and around 15 servers.