logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
frankg  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:41:24 PM(UTC)
frankg

Remote accessing an Android Tablet is just a poor experience.
Control Crashes on first boot of Android 8.1
And when I say first boot, I mean if I reboot the tablet, (it's supposed to start, it tries to and immediately crashes)
We had to get a 3rd party launcher that allows us to Start Apps and add Control to that, but it really only works 75% of the time (sometimes it won't even come back online unless you open control and initiate an unattended session manually, then it reconnects with the same name)

Performance is also very poor on Android compared to Teamviewer which now I'm being forced to evaluate.

I called and reported this issue back in September and still has not been fixed.

It really seems like they've just given up on it.

Tim  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:44:17 PM(UTC)
Tim

Hey frankg,

Rest assured, we are working hard on the Control Android application. You can see all the changes included in our regular releases in our output stream (https://controlforum.connectwise.com/yaf_postst11395_ConnectWise-Control-Android-App--20-18-Release-Log.aspx). If you'd like access to the beta channel, send me a private message and we can assist you with that.

From what I understand from your post, it seems you are having issues with the Control app when it has been setup with unattended access. I did some quick testing on an emulator and managed to get something similar to what you described to happen (launcher crashing). At this time, we're still investigating and would benefit knowing a little more about your environment. What device (make/model) are you using and what steps do you need to take to reproduce? Also, where do you see the performance issues? In the session list or while you are connected to a machine?

If you have an issue open with support, send that to me and I can get it escalated. Thanks!