logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
robert50  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:43:21 PM(UTC)
robert50

United States

I have a Security Role called 'External Support' with access to a session group called 'Vendor Servers'. How could I trigger an Event when anyone in the 'Vendor Servers' role is Connected or whenever any of the machines in my 'Vendor Servers' are accessed?

Currently I have to list each user or each machine individually like this?

(Event.EventType = 'Connected' OR Event.EventType ='Disconnected') AND Session.Name = 'MachineName'

I don't see Session.Group or Security.Role or any option like that.

Thanks

Edited by user Thursday, December 13, 2018 10:13:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: clarified

aslee  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 2:02:12 AM(UTC)
aslee

Japan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: robert50 Go to Quoted Post
I don't see Session.Group or Security.Role or any option like that.

While those aren't properties you can use in the Event Filter, there are others that could do the job:

(1) Session.CustomProperty1

This refers to a session's organization. If you were to make it so that all the sessions in the Vendor Servers session group have the same organization value, then you'd be able to invoke that in the Event Filter like this:

(Event.EventType = 'Connected' OR Event.EventType ='Disconnected') AND Session.CustomProperty1 = 'WHATEVER'

Of course, if you're already using the organization property for some other purpose, then this would clash with that.
In that case, you could use:

(2) Session.Notes

This refers to a session's notes. If you were to add the same note to all the sessions in Vendor Servers, then you'd be able to invoke that like this:

(Event.EventType = 'Connected' OR Event.EventType ='Disconnected') AND Session.Notes LIKE 'WHATEVER'
robert50  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2018 9:32:32 PM(UTC)
robert50

United States

That will probably work instead of having it based off a role. I also had to switch to (Event.EventType = 'CreatedSession' OR Event.EventType ='EndedSession') because 'Connected' or 'Disconnected' was triggering an alert whenever an unattended client went on or offline which wasn't what I wanted.

Thanks
Scott  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2018 2:34:10 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 302 post(s)
You can still filter on the Connected and/or Disconnected event types but only for events where the connecting party is a Host by adding the following operand:

Code:

Connection.ProcessType = 'Host'

so using one of the examples @aslee posted above it would look like:

Code:

(Event.EventType = 'Connected' OR Event.EventType ='Disconnected') AND Session.CustomProperty1 = 'WHATEVER' AND Connection.ProcessType = 'Host'

This Trigger's filter will not execute when an unattended machine drops offline/comes back online, but rather only when a Host connects to a session where the session's CustomProperty1 is set to WHATEVER.
ScreenConnect Team