logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NewZed  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 11:10:22 AM(UTC)
NewZed

New Zealand

After the end of this month (Nov 2018) the Chrome OS extension will no longer function and the official suggestion is to use the Google PlayStore and install Android support. I'm running an ASUS Chromebox 3 and your app refuses to install on Android using this Chrome OS device: "Your device isn't compatible with this version"

Moving forward how do you plan to support Chrome OS? Will you eventually support Android on Chrome OS or can I run on Linux using Chrome OS? What are your plans for Chrome OS?

aslee  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2018 2:10:15 PM(UTC)
aslee

Japan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I don't own an ASUS Chromebox 3, but I do own an Acer Chromebook 11 and I was able to install CWC's Android app on that device without running into any problems. The app itself works fine too.
fbashir  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 2:29:13 PM(UTC)
fbashir

Bahrain

Been using the CCW android app on my pixelbook since they made the announcement. Initially, there were some bugs and after the update, it works really well. Maybe Connectwise needs to enable the app on chromebox. I just logged onto developer play console and can't find chromebox on the list of devices for an app i have published. Think this would need Connectwise to look in detail.
NewZed  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 2:20:17 AM(UTC)
NewZed

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: fbashir Go to Quoted Post
Been using the CCW android app on my pixelbook since they made the announcement. Initially, there were some bugs and after the update, it works really well. Maybe Connectwise needs to enable the app on chromebox. I just logged onto developer play console and can't find chromebox on the list of devices for an app i have published. Think this would need Connectwise to look in detail.

Thx. That's probably the answer. Connectwise need to make the Android app more widely available since they've now, as of today, officially deprecated the Chrome OS option. Nobody wants me to be forced to use Windows 10 to connect surely. That's just cruel and unusual punishment.

BTW . . . Does anyone from Connectwise monitor this forum? Deathly silence on this issue so far.
aslee  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 2:37:51 AM(UTC)
aslee

Japan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: NewZed Go to Quoted Post

BTW . . . Does anyone from Connectwise monitor this forum? Deathly silence on this issue so far.

They do, but if you have a pressing issue, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket here: https://www.connectwise.com/services/support
That way, they have to respond to you.
thanks 1 user thanked aslee for this useful post.
NewZed on 12/1/2018(UTC)
NewZed  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 1, 2018 12:18:25 PM(UTC)
NewZed

New Zealand

Originally Posted by: aslee Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NewZed Go to Quoted Post

They do, but if you have a pressing issue, I'd recommend submitting a support ticket here: https://www.connectwise.com/services/support
That way, they have to respond to you.

Thx. That seems like a plan.