logo
Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mgordon  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:18:03 PM(UTC)
mgordon

United States

I work at an MSP and we use Screen Connect a.k.a. CW Control to connect to and control client PC's. It is a silent connection, i.e. when we connect the end user does not get a prompt or notification that we are connecting. We used to have the big banner that said "Joe Smity is controlling your PC" that but that was turned off when we started letting one of our bigger clients control their own PCs and they wanted to do it silently. We are letting other clients use Screen Connect as a semi-replacement for Log Me In/RDP. They are asking for that banner to be turned on so the remote PC will show it is being controlled. Long story short, can I have the banner enabled for some access groups and disabled for others in a fairly easy manner? Thanks.

Mike

Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:23:15 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Right now changes made via the app.config file are global, meaning they apply to all settings regardless of the Session's group. There is some granularity that can be introduced via the different Session Type (ie Support vs Access) but it doesn't sound like that will work for your requirements.

There is a pretty highly rated request to enable the behavior you are describing, I would recommend adding your +1 directly to it.
ScreenConnect Team
mgordon  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:35:45 PM(UTC)
mgordon

United States

Thanks, I figured that was the case but I was hopeful I was wrong. I wonder if I created a separate app.config file and pushed it out to those who wanted the banner would work. Sounds like its time to break stuff, in the lab of course.
Scott  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2018 6:18:51 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Quote:
I wonder if I created a separate app.config file and pushed it out to those who wanted the banner would work

Yes, this would work. The app.config is stored on the clientside and determine how the Guest client process operates upon initialization. If you create a different app.config and deploy it to only a few endpoints then those endpoints would reflect the change(s). Just remember that if you revert the app.config change on the server and Reinstall the client, the custom app.config settings will be overwritten.
ScreenConnect Team