logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eNet  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2018 7:15:43 AM(UTC)
eNet

United States

I opened a feature request to add TouchID support to the iOS app about two years ago. It has been in the Under Review/Pending Review state for two years. Has there been any additional discussion on adding TouchID/FaceID support? iPad's, iPhones, and Macbook's all support TouchID or FaceID authentication now, and I believe a large number of Samsung devices also have fingerprint readers and/or face authentication as well. So it would greatly improve the security of and be really helpful for those of us that use complex passwords to login to the App and want to maintain higher levels of password security.

TouchID and FaceID have become very common for apps that require authentication and/or higher security. With the number of clients that ConnectWise Control manages now, I would have thought that biometric authentication would be a higher priority, if not a requirement, to ConnectWise development much the way 2 factor authentication has become.

http://forum.screenconnect.com/yaf_search.aspx#1|5

Thanks!

Eddie

Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 12:23:54 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
I can't say that I'm aware of any concrete plans to implement TouchID/FaceID within iOS but it's certainly something worth investigating. I recommend registering an enhancement request within our Product Feedback Portal.
ScreenConnect Team
eNet  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 11, 2018 4:30:09 AM(UTC)
eNet

United States

Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
I can't say that I'm aware of any concrete plans to implement TouchID/FaceID within iOS but it's certainly something worth investigating. I recommend registering an enhancement request within our Product Feedback Portal.

Hi Scott!

As I mentioned in the post that you replied to, I did open a feature request for it about two years ago. It has been in the Under Review/Pending Review state for two years. That's why I was asking if someone had an update on it. I actually spoke with you guys about it when I submitted the feature request two years ago and came out of the discussion with that it was something you guys would definitely be looking into. And that it might not make it into the then current output stream, but to look for something to happen most likely with the upcoming interface overhaul. But then crickets and silence... It did not make it into the interface upgrade and I haven't heard anything further about it.

But thank you for joining the question. Smile

Eddie
eNet  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:02:54 AM(UTC)
eNet

United States

Originally Posted by: eNet Go to Quoted Post

Hi Scott!

As I mentioned in the post that you replied to, I did open a feature request for it about two years ago. It has been in the Under Review/Pending Review state for two years. That's why I was asking if someone had an update on it. I actually spoke with you guys about it when I submitted the feature request two years ago and came out of the discussion with that it was something you guys would definitely be looking into. And that it might not make it into the then current output stream, but to look for something to happen most likely with the upcoming interface overhaul. But then crickets and silence... It did not make it into the interface upgrade and I haven't heard anything further about it.

But thank you for joining the question. Smile

Eddie

Hello Scott and Brandon,

I noticed in the output stream that you are working on updating the iOS client again. So that prompted me to ask about this again.

Has there been any progress in allowing TouchID/FaceID authentication in the iOS and/or (less importantly) Mac clients? Having to continually encourage staff to use and manually type strong passwords via touchscreen on our devices for more than 2 years has been a real disappointment since TouchID and/or FaceID have been available and common on modern smart devices for such a long time now.

The feature request to add support for TouchID and/or FaceID has been open for more than 2 years now, and Brandon said it would be discussed with development when reprioritizing the feature requests last year, but nothing further was ever said about it.

Since you all are working on updates to the iOS and Android clients, can you give us an update on adding the additional authentication support options? Or even adding an option to allow saving login information on the device since we area already swiping fingerprints and/or doing face scans to authenticate to the device? Even doing that would allow us to enforce using strong passwords with our staff.

Thanks,

Eddie​

Edited by user Wednesday, July 11, 2018 10:09:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 1:37:01 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
To my knowledge we haven't roadmapped that specific issue yet although from your explanation I can certainly see the benefit.

I've nudged the issue's priority and will make sure your comments make it to the PM team.
ScreenConnect Team