logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
matrixebiz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2018 6:40:21 PM(UTC)
matrixebiz

Canada

Hello, is there a way to always keep the client computer connected to my account portal so I can remote it while I'm away so I don't have to put in a code on the client side? What use is remote software if you always have to be at the client computer as well.

Also, on the host side, my company has Proxy/Firewall so when I try and connect to the client, I get a proxy connection error. Where can I configure proxy settings?

Can we have the ability to connect to the client solely within the the browser portal instead of having it launch the host control software since this is where I am having issues? Thanks
shawnkhall  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 5:45:08 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
this is called an "access" session. install the Access package on the client and you should be able to do exactly that, though you may have to ensure that your rights allow for unattended access (the permission is called "HostSessionWithoutConsent").
matrixebiz  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 11:01:00 AM(UTC)
matrixebiz

Canada

okay, thanks and how about being able to connect to the client with-in the browser instead of having it launch the external client program? because that doesn't work in my office.

I am unable to use the external access software that launches when I try and remote the client from the host due to office proxy/firewall so is there an option to remote the client via the web browser only? Thanks

Edited by user Wednesday, July 11, 2018 12:27:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

shawnkhall  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 11, 2018 4:20:28 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
there's not. there are several methods to instantiate the program (run in series by the browser when one fails), but to my knowledge there's no way to actually connect using CWC without running the app.

there are a couple other options, however:
1) request an exception to the firewall/proxy for your activity from your network manager
2) change the ports to those that are not being filtered by your firewall (80 and 443 are usually good options)
3) use an extension that allows you to connect using a third-party platform such as VNC