logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
micpol  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:08:43 PM(UTC)
micpol

Poland

I have been using ScreenConnect on premises for some years and now we are going to refresh the installation. Our old production version has the number 5.5 in which we have created our own translation extension into polish [pl-PL]. We have installed the new server from the beginning, bearing in mind the configuration changes that have occurred since version 5.5 to 6.6. I repeated all the changes in the theme without problems but I have problems with the translation. The only online polish translation extension available is very old. I have installed Translation Extension Builder, but when I try to create a new translation extension it has status :Load Error ,so I can't enable it.
Thank you in advance for your help
Michael
aslee  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 15, 2018 4:46:58 AM(UTC)
aslee

Japan

Hello, Michael. I had the same issue when I upgraded to v6.5, so I know what you're experiencing.

From v6.5, you can't use the Translation Extension Builder to create your own extension, unless you're doing it through an extension developer cloud instance. You can apply for one here:

https://docs.connectwise...sion_development_process

Click on the 'Fill out our form' link at the end of the page.

Once you have an extension developer instance, use the Translation Extension Builder to create your own extension as before, then click on Develop -> Publish to submit the extension for approval. Just make sure you write in the Submission Notes that you're using the extension for private on-premise use. You'll get a signed version of the extension sent to you by email, which you can put in your App_Extensions folder. You see, the reason you're getting that Load Error now is because the extension isn't signed.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me. We're in the same boat!

Edited by user Friday, June 15, 2018 4:52:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

deecater  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2018 5:20:24 PM(UTC)
deecater

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Micpol, Aslee is correct. As of version 6.5, extension development and testing is only available through cloud-hosted developer instances that will be issued to you. There is no charge for these developer instances. Please let me know if I can help in any way.

falk  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 9:33:09 AM(UTC)
falk

Germany

Originally Posted by: deecater Go to Quoted Post
Please let me know if I can help in any way.

Yes, make it possible to use my self created german translation! This is ridiculous:
- a (afaik) major language is not supported in the first place, so you have to translate it yourself
- the possibility to use this self created translation is taken away with the notion of "to help protect intellectual property and ensure extension safety and quality"
- as a on premises user, you have now to create an online instance, let this get accepted, create the whole translation new (idk if you can upload already translated files), then have them reviewed?

this really sucks :(

Edited by user Friday, June 29, 2018 9:35:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

micpol  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 29, 2018 2:38:39 PM(UTC)
micpol

Poland

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I was unable to access the extension developer instance.
I received an e-mail from ConnectWise with the question why I need access to this program and I replied to him describing the situation, and giving a link to this thread. But nothing further happened.

For today, we have implemented a walk around solution. It involves uploading the old translation extension and override the Web.Overide.pl.resx file in the / opt / screenconnect / App_WebResources directory.

But it would be nice to create a solution that will allow us to control the translation into Polish in the next versions. This will make the updating easier.

Regards
shawnkhall  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 6, 2018 8:10:34 AM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 22 post(s)
please upvote this feature request:
https://control.product....-custom-extensions-in-65