logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DCIArtformDev  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:19:34 PM(UTC)
DCIArtformDev

I apologize if this isn't the best forum to discuss this issue or report it as a bug, I'm not quite sure if this is a bug or a feature.

I recently purchased some licenses to use ScreenConnect to control remote kiosks (migrating from LogMeIn), but I'm running into an annoyance with some of them.

The issue occurs when there's an application running on the guest that hides/blanks the mouse. In LogMeIn, I could always utilize the mouse cursor on the guest, which was great for troubleshooting touch screen interactive kiosk that might blank the cursor (Adobe Flash/Air, or a local HTML5 app).

In SC, the cursor is hidden immediately when it moves into the window of the remote guest. When "My Input" is suspended, the mouse cursor can be seen on screen on top of the guess, but host input control is locked.

Is there a setting/modification that'll allow me to see the host cursor on top of the guest session window and still be able to control the guest?

Hopefully this made sense...

Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 15, 2018 11:48:01 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Just to be clear, when one of these specific applications are running (adobe flash/air, html5 app, etc) they hide the mouse cursor and then you are no longer able to both see the cursor and control the remote machine?

I'm not sure about a way to always display the Host's cursor, that seems almost intended. With that said, you should still be able to control the Guest. Can you name/link me to a specific application that can demonstrate this behavior?
ScreenConnect Team
DCIArtformDev  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 29, 2018 3:10:59 PM(UTC)
DCIArtformDev

You're close.

The application on the Guest hides the cursor. I still have control over the machine. It would be great to be able to see the cursor regardless of the guest is doing. It's something my company has used for so long (before switching to ScreenConnect) that no one ever thought twice about it, until now. In LogMeIn, the cursor is displayed to the host almost always. The only situation I can think of where it's not displayed, is if the cursor is turned off in Windows, not just hidden by some app.

So yeah, the end goal would be to display the cursor (from a host point of view) always.
Scott  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 4, 2018 2:42:41 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Ahh, I think I'm getting an understanding, thanks for expanding.

What operating systems are involved for both the Guest and the Host? Are you connecting from a Mac computer into a Windows machine? Or have you seen it happen with other operating system configurations?
ScreenConnect Team
DCIArtformDev  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:42:25 PM(UTC)
DCIArtformDev

Host:
Windows (7-10)

Guest:
Windows (7-10)

I have not tested Linux hosts, but I imagine the behavior will be the same.
Scott  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 12:19:23 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Hmm ok, I created just a dummy webpage and used css to hide the cursor. If you connect to a Guest machine with this webpage open and hover over it then the Host can no longer see the cursor. I'm pretty sure this is intended since we aim to make the remote control experience as close to being if you were actually sitting infront of the other computer.

With that said, I have not been able to replicate being unable to send mouseclicks/interact with the application when the cursor is hidden. Is there a specific application with which you've seen this behavior?
ScreenConnect Team