logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tom.knapp  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:43:08 PM(UTC)
tom.knapp

United States

I am having an issue with applications being blank, or just a while block on the screen. I was having this issue with another remote desktop application and that is what ultimately made me look for another solution. Now I am having the same issue with ScreenConnect.

When I connect to the desktop and I open an application (for example Visual Studio) the desktop is displayed fine, but the application (VS in this case) is just a blank white box. I have had the same issue with browsers as well. most notably the new browsers. Classic IE seems to be working ok. If that helps?

Has anyone else run into this issue and what have you done to address the display issues ? Confused

Edited by user Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:43:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 30, 2018 10:58:54 AM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I have experienced similar issues, (SC 6.4) and it seems related to the local display being inactive. Most of mine have been when a user's laptop was running with the lid closed. Most things work normally, but certain programs are completely white or transparent, showing only the title bar and outer boarder. I get similar behavior on a few servers that have Matrox adapters, even with an active monitor, when I use the "blank guest monitor" option. Those are slightly different though, because the same program will display the main screen ok, while only blanking menu/config screens within that program. (Cloudberry in my case)

Scott  
#3 Posted : Monday, April 9, 2018 12:16:48 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
@tom.knapp with what other remote desktop application did you see the issue? While I'm not super familiar with other applications, we are typically aware of at least a high-level understanding of how they capture the screen which can help narrow down the problem.

Also, it's strange that it only happens to specific applications. What AV is installed? Some AV products have functions that prevent the screen capturing of specific programs (such as browsers, etc).
ScreenConnect Team