logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cjamrog  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 22, 2018 6:07:12 PM(UTC)
cjamrog

United States

I just started up a cloud based connectwise control for my company after some uses I noticed something really odd and hope there is an easy way around it as I found something that works but I hope it isn't the best. When I go to say install software for a client remoted in and they do not have admin rights the windows pop up asking for admin credentials will freeze my screen until they hit cancel which doesn't allow for me to put in the credentials. For now what I have found was doing a reboot from the tool bar on top will ask for admin credentials then I have to have the client click ok to accept them, it won't restart and then the next time I run the installer I can see the pop up for entering credentials. Anyone else seen this or find another way around. (Mostly if the client leaves and I need them to click that OK box or I am stuck!)

shawnkhall  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 27, 2018 4:42:28 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
while i can't say for sure this is what you're seeing, I have seen a few devices that behave like this. The workaround for this behavior is to queue whatever it is that's going to pop an elevation prompt, then disconnect and reconnect (or switch displays back and forth if it has more than one). This, for some reason, allows you to see the security prompt and interact with it.