logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rfoster  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 4:09:23 PM(UTC)
rfoster

United Kingdom

Hi,

I have a requirement to remove our company name from our branding within Control, which appears when either opening the chat window (title bar) or the notification banner which appears when connecting a session (eg "companyname has connected"). The reason for this is that we are providing end user support under a sub contracted arrangement so don't want to display any company specific information.

I could obviously just adjust our branding to not include our company name but this would apply across the board, ideally i'd like to be able to customise the branding just for a specific group. Is this possible?

Scott  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 7, 2018 7:21:30 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
To my knowledge this configuration is exactly as you saw, global.

I'd recommend registering a Feature Request within our Product Feedback Portal.
ScreenConnect Team
shawnkhall  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 9, 2018 7:31:51 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 29 post(s)
the strings are stored in the resource file "%programdiles%\ScreenConnect Client (nnn)\Client.Override.en-US.resources"

this file is updated with each installation, update or reinstallation, so you could theoretically customize the settings within your ScreenConnect admin to a unique sanitized version, then build the installer and create the "Client.Override.en-US.resources" file, back it up somewhere then reset your configuration to normal. when you need to install it on these subcontracted devices you'd temporarily disable SC, overwrite the file with the generic copy, then restart SC.

you could also manually edit the resource strings with .NET Resourcer (https://github.com/lutzroeder/Resourcer/releases/), but again, SC has to be stopped in order to overwrite the file.