logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NATP  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 21, 2018 10:20:55 PM(UTC)
NATP

United States

Toggle on/off the ScreenConnect client notification icon (Lower right hand corner of the desktop).
This gives the client privacy from the host connecting, unless the client wants the connection.

I created this BAT file where you can put on the client's desktop. It basically toggles the ScreenConnect Windows Service.
Please note, in the five locations you see the string of x's you have to put in the number that is part of the Windows ScreenConnect Client Service. Please leave the parentheses. They are necessary.

If you need any help or clarification, please reply to this post.

@echo off
NET SESSION
IF %ERRORLEVEL% NEQ 0 GOTO ELEVATE
GOTO ADMINTASKS
:ELEVATE
CD /d %~dp0
MSHTA "javascript: var shell = new ActiveXObject('shell.application'); shell.ShellExecute('%~nx0', '', '', 'runas', 1);close();"
EXIT
:ADMINTASKS
REM (Do whatever you need to do here)
for /F "tokens=3 delims=: " %%H in ('sc query "ScreenConnect Client (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" ^| findstr "STATE"') do (
if /I "%%H" NEQ "RUNNING" (
sc config "ScreenConnect Client (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" start= auto && net start "ScreenConnect Client (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)"
) else if /I "%%H" NEQ "STOPPED" (
net stop "ScreenConnect Client (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" && sc config "ScreenConnect Client (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" start= disabled
)
)
EXIT