logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HDClown  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2017 9:32:38 PM(UTC)
HDClown

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
These properties no longer exist in 6.3:

SessionPanel.PropertyJoinModeSimpleCodeVisible
SessionPanel.PropertyJoinModeSecureCodeVisible
SessionPanel.PropertyJoinModePublicVisible
SessionPanel.PropertyJoinModeInvitationOnlyVisible

Is there some alternate way to control Join Modes? I want simple code and public visible disabled, which I was able to do very easily in 6.2 by setting those properties to False.

is there any way to change the default session name, or force a host to enter a session name? I find the new behavior to be, bad.

Ben B  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 3, 2017 3:03:40 PM(UTC)
Ben B

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Good morning,

In 6.3.13466, there is no way to disable the "Change Code to Name" and "Make Session Public" options for newly-created support sessions.

The next release of Control (which should be released relatively soon) will include the ability to disable the "Make Session Public" command. Likewise, there is no way to change the default session name from "Untitled Session" -- our Product Management team is aware of this limitation, and we expect this value to be configurable in the next release of Control.

I understand you would also like to disable the "Make Session Public" command as well. I suggest adding a feature request to the ConnectWise Control feature request portal regarding this functionality: http://product.screencon...m/forums/1-new-features/

Regards,
Ben
ScreenConnect Team