logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrEastwood  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 5:51:20 PM(UTC)
MrEastwood

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
So I'm sitting in my doctor's office today, ready to enter a password to log into a client's machine and part of the password on a normal PC keyboard is *& which corresponds to shift-8 shift-7. I type this in without even thinking normally while sitting at a computer. So I'm running the Android app, pull up the keyboard, hit the symbol key and... the symbols do not correspond to where they are on a keyboard. I cannot for the life of me remember they were *&.

I'm not sure why the app's keyboard layout for symbols was chosen as it was. Wouldn't it make sense to change the top row to match where they are on a regular keyboard, so that !@#$%^&*() matches symbol-1234567890 ?

Before I put this in as a feature request, looking for feedback on this idea.

MannyTC  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 8:00:30 PM(UTC)
MannyTC

Medals: Bug Buster Level One: Spoon!Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 45 post(s)
The keyboard that displays in the ScreenConnect Android app is the Android keyboard that has been set as the default. The ScreenConnect app does not control this. If you wish to choose a different keyboard you can install any third party keyboard and while the keyboard is opened in any app you can change it by pulling down your notification drawer and choosing "Change Keyboard". I know there are some other apps (the 2X RDP app comes to mind) that had their own custom keyboard within the app but ScreenConnect does not work that way. If I have misunderstood the issue please elaborate further.
thanks 1 user thanked MannyTC for this useful post.
Mike on 6/28/2016(UTC)
MrEastwood  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 27, 2016 9:06:46 PM(UTC)
MrEastwood

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
You haven't misunderstood, I should have realized this. Thanks for pointing this out sir, now I have an option!
OnSite  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 5, 2016 6:39:13 PM(UTC)
OnSite

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
You might want to look for Hacker's Keyboard (free in Google Play). It's a full standard desktop keyboard. Sure, you need a large screen or things are tiny, but if you're used to actually typing on a real keyboard and use punctuation frequently, this thing is really good.