logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
infotime  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2015 2:03:17 PM(UTC)
infotime

United States

I'm just finishing my first month as a ScreenConnect user. Was going through the month trying to verify my billing for the month and discovered the Audit Log (Admin - Audit - Query Audit Log). Looks like everything is there to figure out how long I was connected to different customers.

It seems that remote control sessions have the beginnings marked with:
Event: InitiatedJoin, Host:

And end with:
Event: Disconnected, Process: Host,

I don't mind doing this manually right now. In fact I need to get it done today. I can scan through the Audit Log and pull out the info I need either manually or I've messed around with parsing it in Excel. Is that a reasonable way to do a quick and dirty tracking of time spent connected to different computers?

I know about using http://blogs.screenconne...eenConnect-Database.aspx to look at the database. Haven't tried this since my ScreenConnect runs on a hosted virtual server running Linux and I know next to nothing about Linux. In the future I could get up to speed on that method. Or maybe I could download the database files and put them on Windows and use Microsoft Access (something I'm much more familiar with).

Anyway, is my rough plan with Excel workable? Thoughts?

JoshR  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 7:38:59 PM(UTC)
JoshR

We are also trying to accomplish something similar. More specifically we are trying to pull audit information for (Access) session connects/disconnects. Using the Administration\Audit tab we are able to pull audit information for 1-7 days at a time, but it is very slow and doesn't present the data in a readily usable format (like CSV). Attempting to pull data for a time range longer than 7 days in our case causes the query to fail.

We also followed the blog below. Using DB Browser for SQLite we are able to view tables in the database, but we are not finding the data we are looking for. It looks like table "SessionConnectionEvent" may be the table with the correct data however "Session ID", "Connection ID", and "Event ID" appear to be encrypted? Is there anyway to decrypt this information or perhaps another way of attacking this that anyone knows about?

http://blogs.screenconne...eenConnect-Database.aspx

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
JoshR  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 26, 2015 8:36:02 PM(UTC)
JoshR

Update: My apologies it looks like the post below has the information I needed. Infotime if you ever get into directly pulling data from the session.db then check out the post below.

http://forum.screenconne...nattended.aspx#post17220