logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
iaina  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 6:41:29 PM(UTC)
iaina

United Kingdom

This may be a stupid question but does anyone know if its possible to install the unattended client while logged in via the temporary support session?

I'm trialing SC to replace our current teamviewer package and so far love the product. We're planning on replacing TV and the majority of clients can be done via group policy and the temporary sessions are much better. Teamviewer used to have a way of installing the host while connected via a quicksupport session although I don't think that feature exists anymore but thats waht I'm looking for.

So a guest connects via a temporary session and then the tech drags the support build exe across via the file transfer and runs it. I realise there could be countless reasons why this method doesn't work but it does appear to at least install but then doesn't connect. Has anyone tried anything similar or is there a different method of changing a temporary session into a permanent unattended session?

Thanks

iaina  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 17, 2014 7:51:20 PM(UTC)
iaina

United Kingdom

Don't worry I found the answer.. We had the wrong relay server name in the web.config, once we fixed that everything worked first time.

So connected with guest initiated session and dragged across the exe, installed remotely and then connected via the unattended session. Works on xp and windows 8.1 so far.

Really like this product..
Scott  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 18, 2014 12:47:50 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Glad you figured that out, you can also place a pre-built Access installer in your Toolbox and deploy it from the Toolbox drop-down menu at the top of the client window.
ScreenConnect Team