logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
runesk  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 3, 2014 9:26:03 AM(UTC)
runesk

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Norway

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We use Munin for monitoring a lot of things, and when we started rolling out ScreenConnect to our computers, I made a plugin for ScreenConnect.

I had to do some digging in the database, and managed to understand what is going on for the two scenarios we are interested in; sessions and access clients. I made an initial attempt to make some working code for meetings and support clients, and gave up, as we do not currently use those two.

I'm not going to give detailed instructions on how to install and set up Munin, so this is primarily for those of you that might have an existing Munin installation in place.

To get it working, you will have to install munin-node on the ScreenConnect server (I have no experience in running this on other than Linux, and although the plugin should work in theory, you probably will have to make some changes to get it working on Windows).

The plugin is written in Python (my first project ever in Python ;)) and requires the sqlite3 Python module (usually part of the Python package)

Install instructions
Download the source code into your plugins folder and make it executable (chmod +x) (remove the .txt extension)

Using "munin-node-configure --shell | bash" should create sumbolic links for screenconnect_ to /etc/munin/plugins/screenconnect_sessions etc.

If you have installed ScreenConnect somewhere else than in /opt/ScreenConnect, add something like this to your /etc/munin/plugin-conf.d/munin-node

Quote:
[screenconnect_*]
env.db_file /opt/ScreenConnect/App_Data/Session.db

The graph of our access clients last 5 weeks:
UserPostedImage

The active support sessions last week:
UserPostedImage

.R
thanks 2 users thanked runesk for this useful post.
Jeff on 4/4/2014(UTC), dnomade on 8/4/2014(UTC)