logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scubes13  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 2:37:19 PM(UTC)
scubes13

Man

Is there anyway to download the Host app to a Mac and use that single app to connect to each session?

For example, right now I have multiple downloaded files sitting in my Downloads folder from each time I have connected with a client.

I would prefer to have a single app that i can launch multiple times and tell it which sessions to connect with.

Any ideas?
Scubes

Jake  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 5:50:07 PM(UTC)
Jake

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Was thanked: 393 time(s) in 188 post(s)
It's possible, but not really practical in it's current form. Here are the command line arguments I use in my IDE to launch the Java Host Client:

"ScreenConnect localhost 8041 b1f083a3-16ce-4db2-a1ab-c3ac559e510f p8QKweCyJX05LtM6mHq5bA== Host test"

You can see them in the JNLP files also. I agree it's very annoying that the browsers download the files into the directory with your other files. Each browser/OS combination seems to do it a little differently. Ironically, I think it's only IE on Windows that does it correctly and runs it directly. From 1.8->1.9 we just made Chrome use the ClickOnce version instead because in both the files have to be saved and ran, and at least the ClickOnce .NET client is more functional (as you've discovered).
ScreenConnect Team
scubes13  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 8:41:52 PM(UTC)
scubes13

Man

the two "random" looking arguments.... what are they and how would I know what they are? they are newly generated when a session is created, right?

scubes13
scubes13  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 10:46:33 PM(UTC)
scubes13

Man

OK, I found out what those bits of info were from looking at the files in the App_Data/Session directory.

SessionID is the first one you referenced - (b1f083a3-16ce-4db2-a1ab-c3ac559e510f)

EncryptionKey is the one ending the in equal marks - (p8QKweCyJX05LtM6mHq5bA==)

Still not sure how to go about grabbing that information easily.
Jake  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 3:43:17 PM(UTC)
Jake

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

Was thanked: 393 time(s) in 188 post(s)
The information is exposed through our Session Manager service, which is written as a Windows WCF service, which can be exposed through SOAP. Writing a client for this would require quite a bit of programming.
ScreenConnect Team