logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Randall  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2016 6:21:48 PM(UTC)
Randall

United States

Hello all, I have submitted a ticket with Screen Connect and ultimately they have suggested I take my questions to you all in here for "advanced" support.. I am hoping you all might be able to help me out.. Currently I am running Screen Connect on a Windows 2008 virtual server over port 80.
Current web.config has webserverlistener set to +80 and relaylistener set to +443
Our corporate office is mandating all public sites that have public sites with username authentication be locked down to 443 traffic.
I am trying to set it up so the webserver listener is on 443 and the relay is set to another ephemeral port, say 8041 but I keep getting "external accessibility error" on the relay..

If anyone out there has already done this conversion successfully, I would love to hear how you did it. I have tried to use Screen Connects's instructions on their website but have had no luck...
Screen Connect is suggesting I assign a second NIC to the server and run the relay traffic over that IP address...

Again, any help would be greatly appreciated...
Randy

Scott  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:51:45 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Is port 8041 opened through the firewall and is that traffic pointed at the ScreenConnect server?
ScreenConnect Team
Randall  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 2:12:52 PM(UTC)
Randall

United States

Scott, I did verify 8040 and 8041 are open in the firewall. As for pointing to the Screen Connect server.. I just had 8041 set up in teh web.config pointing to the relayuli listening in on 0.0.0.0:+8041

I did have a long conversation with Screen Connect yesterday and they have some other suggestions for possible solutions, I will try these this coming weekend. If they work I will post them up thanks...