logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rgreen83  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 8:38:54 PM(UTC)
rgreen83

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I tried to access 2 unattended agents on terminal servers today and they were only showing a black screen, so I tried restarting the SC service from our RMM. The service said it couldn't be restarted as it was already running, so I issued a taskkill on the PID and then restarted the service. Moved over to the other terminal server when the first one rebooted not suspecting my innocuous actions to have been the cause and it did the same thing there immediately rebooting the server.

I understand I'm running pre-release, just hoping this will be looked into before final release.

I did just upgrade to 5.6 a few days ago so maybe there was some latent upgrade process waiting to happen?

Eventlog entry

Code:
The process msiexec.exe has initiated the restart of computer SVTS01 on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
 Reason Code: 0x80030002
 Shutdown Type: restart
 Comment: The Windows Installer initiated a system restart to complete or continue the configuration of 'ScreenConnect Client (c531e59c11950a16)'.

Issue seems similar to this with similar event log entries. http://forum.screenconne...art-without-warning.aspx