logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EnlightenIT  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2016 4:31:43 PM(UTC)
EnlightenIT

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi,

Aside from uninstalling SC the traditional way, I also go in the registry and do a search to find any instance of SC and then delete the folders and keys. I am looking to automate this process by way of a script or some .exe file. The problem comes up when I deploy SC with a GPO and then need to reinstall it for any reason via the same GPO. (Possibilities may include: Upgrades,share name broke, new server, moved the installed to a new location). The list goes on and on. Bottom line in order for SC to get reinstalled after its installed via a GPO you need to completely remove it out of the registry. Is there anyone that can shed light on this or has a script or is in a similar situation?

Thanks,

rmmccann  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2016 8:40:29 PM(UTC)
rmmccann

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Microsoft has a Windows Installer Cleanup Utility that can be run on machines with broken GPO-based SC installations (and other broken installations that can't be removed via Add/Remove).

I've used it a few times myself and it's worked fine. Allows you to reinstall without being prompted for the original setup file path.
EnlightenIT  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 4, 2016 8:44:17 PM(UTC)
EnlightenIT

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rmmccann Go to Quoted Post
Microsoft has a Windows Installer Cleanup Utility that can be run on machines with broken GPO-based SC installations (and other broken installations that can't be removed via Add/Remove).

I've used it a few times myself and it's worked fine. Allows you to reinstall without being prompted for the original setup file path.

Thanks. Not really what im looking for. Ive tried this and it didnt work as i wanted.

RGgusnowski  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2016 2:02:50 AM(UTC)
RGgusnowski

Canada

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Have a look at http://forum.screenconne...--Mac--PC.aspx#post15391 for information on cleaning up after client installs.

The challenge with scripting is identifying the right variables.

The ScreenConnect folder in the %Program Files (x86) directory will be named "ScreenConnect Client (character string)"