logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bcohen  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 7, 2016 11:15:27 PM(UTC)
bcohen

United States

Do I need to configure inbound ports as well if I'm dealing with a high-security corporate environment, or just outbound? They said they have no problem giving the default outbound ports but I think they're nervous about the inbound ones.

I can't find a solid answer out there.

Thanks!

Jesseb  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 4:23:39 PM(UTC)
Jesseb

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Is this an employeer or customer? Or rather, are you hosting the server in this high-security corporate environment or trying to access it remotely?
bcohen  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 4:50:50 PM(UTC)
bcohen

United States

Originally Posted by: Jesseb Go to Quoted Post
Is this an employeer or customer? Or rather, are you hosting the server in this high-security corporate environment or trying to access it remotely?

It's a customer. I've got my own AWS server (I use the SC cloud service) -- I'm having a computer installed there to control a few minor things and am using SC to connect to it. I'm trying to access a computer that I've installed the Access software on.
Jesseb  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 8, 2016 5:17:54 PM(UTC)
Jesseb

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bcohen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Jesseb Go to Quoted Post

It's a customer. I've got my own AWS server (I use the SC cloud service) -- I'm having a computer installed there to control a few minor things and am using SC to connect to it. I'm trying to access a computer that I've installed the Access software on.

Ok, then ask your customer to make sure outbound port 8041 is open, and is not being used by any other network/web service. If not, maybe they will allow a firewall rule for only your server's public IP to access port 8041.

I'm not using the cloud version, so I'm not aware what kind of configuration changes you can make. But by default the port you need to access your clients is port 8041
Scott  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 2:31:59 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
On occasion we also see environments that block all ports other than 80 and 443, so just as @Jesseb said, you may need to request they open 8041 just for your SC server's IP address.
ScreenConnect Team