logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
solbirn_tk  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 12:15:09 AM(UTC)
solbirn_tk

United States

We are having an issue where while ScreenConnect used come up and reconnect immediately after guest reboot, since 5.5.9948 it takes quite a while (a few minutes after guest is fully online). We have around >4500 machines set up for unattended.

Any ideas?

Update: I see the client service is now set to delayed auto start instead of auto. Any way to configure that with ScreenConnect?

Sol

Edited by user Monday, November 23, 2015 3:21:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Information update

ddre  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 4:42:56 AM(UTC)
ddre

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Australia

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
There is a thread here somewhere with a command that can be sent via the command prompt to set the service back to Auto.

SC really need to come up with a better solution to get around the Windows 10 machines that don't start the service, because waiting 2 mins on all PCs/Servers after a reboot is very annoying. The client often thinks you're finished and takes over the desktop. Not to mention the time wasted over the course of a week.
solbirn_tk  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 5:13:45 AM(UTC)
solbirn_tk

United States

Yeah, I'm now doing that via Labtech, see below command. But being required to do after every update is no fun.

sc config "ScreenConnect Client (Your SC instance ID)" start= auto

Sol
NetServices  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 8:29:51 PM(UTC)
NetServices

Any update on the long term fix for this?
clickright  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:02:11 PM(UTC)
clickright

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Canada

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1 We need a long-term fix for this asap!
PIN  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 10:26:06 AM(UTC)
PIN

Czech Republic

+1 Very serious issue
MannyTC  
#7 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 7:14:29 PM(UTC)
MannyTC

Medals: Bug Buster Level One: Spoon!Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Until the devs come up with a better way I offer you the following solution. Set your SC client service back to Automatic and then put the commands below into a batch file replacing the Xs with your unique SC client ID. Then schedule it as a Windows task to run at startup. I personally set it to start delayed by 1 minute and to repeat every 10 minutes but you are free to experiment with what works for you. This somewhat mimics the LogMeInGuardian windows service which makes sure that LogMeIn is always running. I have a few problem PCs which don't start the service properly at startup or sometimes the service stops running and this helps a lot.

Quote:

sc query "ScreenConnect Client (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" | findstr RUNNING

if NOT %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 net start "ScreenConnect Client (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)"
thecaptain  
#8 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 7:27:10 PM(UTC)
thecaptain

United States

Originally Posted by: PIN Go to Quoted Post
+1 Very serious issue

Not really.

Though the better way to go about this would be to create a line in the installer that detects operating system version, if it does not equal windows 10 then install the service as automatic, if it is windows 10 then install as delayed.
MannyTC  
#9 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 9:25:12 PM(UTC)
MannyTC

Medals: Bug Buster Level One: Spoon!Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 45 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thecaptain Go to Quoted Post
+1 Very serious issue

Not really.

Though the better way to go about this would be to create a line in the installer that detects operating system version, if it does not equal windows 10 then install the service as automatic, if it is windows 10 then install as delayed.

The reported problems with the service not starting were worse with Windows 10 but also exist in previous versions. This may possibly be due to individual system configurations so I think they decided to do it across the board to try to address the issue no matter the OS version.
thecaptain  
#10 Posted : Monday, January 11, 2016 10:15:55 PM(UTC)
thecaptain

United States

Originally Posted by: MannyTC Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: thecaptain Go to Quoted Post
+1 Very serious issue

Not really.

The reported problems with the service not starting were worse with Windows 10 but also exist in previous versions. This may possibly be due to individual system configurations so I think they decided to do it across the board to try to address the issue no matter the OS version.

The majority of the environments we support were 7 and 8.1 and we never experienced issues where the service didn't start at all.
Cooper  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2016 12:47:56 AM(UTC)
Cooper

Medals: Bug Buster Level One: Spoon!Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I didn't notice this until today, but there's a new extension called "Change Client Service Start to Automatic (5.5+)". However, I would test this first, because after I installed the extension it caused new guest machines to show up with no system information. This problem is similar to a previous beta update that caused headaches for us because all new machines showed up without a name or system info. I immediately uninstalled the extension until further testing can be performed. After uninstalling it, new guest machines show up just fine.

Anyway, here's the info:

Change Client Service Start to Automatic (5.5+)

Change the client servcie to Automatic to decrease the time between reboot/restart of the guest. *Does not work on Windows10. Disable Extension if upgrading machines to Windows 10 remotely*