logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
redwills24  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 6:55:32 PM(UTC)
redwills24

United States

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone uses the messages tab on an unconnected Guest session to chat with their clients. We currently have a trigger set up to email a group mailbox if a guest sends in a chat message to an unconnected session. This way all of our engineers will be notified someone is trying to chat with us for support through the SC client. The problem is, it is useful sometimes for us to use the messages tab on our SC website to chat with a customer before we remote in to help them out. When this is done by a tech the trigger sends out an email to our group mailbox for every guest message response, which of course spams all our engineers. It would be great if SC could recognize an active chat session in progress and disable the email trigger.

Does anyone know of a solution or a better way to handle this?

Thanks in Advance
Ryan

rmmccann  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 7:06:24 PM(UTC)
rmmccann

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Disregard - I completely misread your initial post.

Edited by user Friday, November 13, 2015 7:09:44 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 4:05:46 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
@redwills24 I implemented a change to the Extension to address this issue. Basically, it will only send the auto response once every x number of minutes so that you can chat from the Host page without connecting to a session.

With that said, I'm holding off until 5.5 is stable to publish the Extension because it contains another addition which will create the Event Trigger dynamically, something that was added in 5.5.
ScreenConnect Team
jg00d3  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 23, 2016 11:25:36 PM(UTC)
jg00d3

United States

what extension was changed, We are using the event trigger the same way and we get the same email notifications unless a technician (host) connects to the guest and chats. Is there anyway to prevent the trigger from sending the email if a screenconnect user logged into the console is chatting using the screenconnect web console?
Scott  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 28, 2016 3:10:17 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@jg00d3 What Triggers do you have defined on the Trigger tab in the Administration page?
ScreenConnect Team
jg00d3  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2016 4:23:19 PM(UTC)
jg00d3

United States

This is the trigger event filter:

Event.EventType = 'SentMessage' AND Connection.ProcessType = 'Guest' AND Session.HostConnectedCount = 0 AND Session.GuestMachineDomain Not IN ('CLIENT1','CLIENT2')

So when a guest types a message in the chat window and doesn't have a host connected, we get an alert email, which is what we want. However if a host is logged in and intiates a chat through the screenconnect web console chat option w/out joining the guest session, and the guest responds to that chat, we also get an alert email, which is what we don't want.

Thanks,

jg00d3
jg00d3  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:31:01 PM(UTC)
jg00d3

United States

was that the trigger event filter info you needed?
Scott  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 14, 2016 2:26:18 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Yes, knowing the syntax helps. What this comes down to is a limitation within the Trigger framework, it can only process events based upon information specific to the event that triggered it. What you're looking for here is to add an additional operator to the filter to basically specify not to execute if a Host has sent a message within the last x minutes (or something similar).

Now, it is still possible to implement the functionality you want via an Extension. Basically you would define a dynamic session event trigger within the Extension instead of from the Trigger's tab on the Administration page. The good news is that the Auto Respond to Message extension is already extremely close to what you want, so you could easily clone it and work from there.

I would love to link to a KB article to better explain how a session event trigger can be dynamically defined within an Extension but unfortunately we don't have one. I've submitted a request for said page to be created and in the meantime you're welcome to continue posting your questions here, I'll try to be more prompt with my responses.
ScreenConnect Team