logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
TechNelson  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 23, 2015 10:26:45 PM(UTC)
TechNelson

Man
United States

All of a sudden while working last night, my ScreenConnect stopped working, When I went back to the admin page, all i got was red fails. I went to the server and rebooted the machine, and all is well except for the external accessibility check still fails. In the Web server error: it says "the remote server returned an error: (404) Not found.

I had recently installed bitdefender free, and uninstalled it thinking maybe it was the cause.

I went to a few external port checkers and they say 8040 and 8041 are open for me.
double checked in and out on windows firewall.
double checked that the router is still forwarding ports 8040 and 8041.

Version:5.2.8724.5567

John
TechNelson.com

Scott  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 12:18:46 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
From hitting your IP address you appear to be back online, are you still failing any of the Status checks?
ScreenConnect Team
einars  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 12:57:48 PM(UTC)
einars

Latvia

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
same for me - don`t know from what time, but External availability in admin fails. In same time ports are open and everything works. Same SC version as mentioned before. Tried to reboot server few times, but nothing changed. As I said - everything works except this status check

Edited by user Monday, September 28, 2015 1:00:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rmmccann  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 1:12:39 PM(UTC)
rmmccann

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
My SC installation is working, however I'm also seeing the same with the external accessibility check - it's all red and giving the 404 not found error. This appears to be a ScreenConnect team problem and not a problem with my installation. I'm guessing the external accessibility URL is either offline or has been inadvertently moved/deleted.
TechNelson  
#5 Posted : Monday, September 28, 2015 2:31:53 PM(UTC)
TechNelson

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
From hitting your IP address you appear to be back online, are you still failing any of the Status checks?

Yes Scott, everything appears to work just fine but the External Accessibility Check still fails.
I even fully uninstalled the software, ran ccleaner to clean the registry, and reinstalled. But it still fails that check.

The only other is yellow on version check, but that's because my license has run out.

TechNelson

External Accessibility CheckFailed
ScreenConnect checked the external accessibility of your installation. For internet users to access your installation, network gateways such as routers and firewalls must forward specific traffic to ScreenConnect.

ScreenConnect attempts to automatically configure these gateways using Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) and the Internet Gateway Device (IGD) protocol. However, this often fails for a variety of reasons, requiring you to forward the traffic manually.

Web Server Test URL:http://173.21.67.199:8040/
Web Server Error:The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
Relay Test URL:relay://173.21.67.199:8041/
Relay Error:
Ron  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2015 1:57:49 PM(UTC)
Ron

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Same thing happened to me. After using this configuration for well over a year, I get the following message.

Web Server Test URL:http://76.184.xx.xx:8040/
Web Server Error:The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found
Relay Test URL:relay://76.184.xx.xx:8041/
Relay Error:Reached a different instance of ScreenConnect Relay. Network configuration is likely bad.
einars  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 5:51:58 AM(UTC)
einars

Latvia

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Upgraded my SC from 5.2 to 5.4 and error is gone
Scott  
#8 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 1:09:46 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
Sorry, I meant to follow up to this thread but forgot to do so. We have an issue registered with versions <= 5.2 and failing the External Accessibility Check by getting a 404 File Not Found for the Web Service Check. Other than the annoying red failure on the status page, it shouldn't affect any other part of the application and is purely cosmetic. I don't have an exact ETA on when a fix will be found, but we are working towards it.
ScreenConnect Team
TechNelson  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, October 6, 2015 3:53:38 PM(UTC)
TechNelson

Man
United States

Originally Posted by: Scott Go to Quoted Post
Sorry, I meant to follow up to this thread but forgot to do so. We have an issue registered with versions <= 5.2 and failing the External Accessibility Check by getting a 404 File Not Found for the Web Service Check. Other than the annoying red failure on the status page, it shouldn't affect any other part of the application and is purely cosmetic. I don't have an exact ETA on when a fix will be found, but we are working towards it.

Thanks for the reply. Kind of figured it was something with <=5.2.
Everything seems to work just fine. If it were me I wouldn't bother fixing it.

Edited by user Tuesday, October 20, 2015 8:43:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: statements unnecessary