logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
promptcare  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 20, 2014 10:02:47 PM(UTC)
promptcare

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Finally trying 5.0 and trying to get the Autoresponder to work. When I send a message from my test client, I get the proper response within its window. I get an email arriving in my Inbox BUT ... there's no information with it. It doesn't tell me which client sent it and the message typed isn't transmitted. "You got a message" is the gist of it.

The only things I've changed are the "We got your message" part, the port and the email address. Other than, I'm working with a cloned copy of it to allow for inline editing.
Quote:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SessionEventTriggers xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<SessionEventTrigger Name="Automatically respond when message is sent to Access client" EventFilter="Event.EventType = 'SentMessage' AND Connection.ProcessType = 'Guest' AND Session.HostConnectedCount = 0">
<Actions>
<TriggerAction xsi:type="HttpTriggerAction" Uri="http://localhost:80/App_Extensions/abf3b237-8ddc-4ee2-9b71-145f636741db/Service.ashx/AutoReply/{Session.SessionID}" HttpMethod="GET" />
<TriggerAction xsi:type="SmtpTriggerAction" To="email@company.ca" Subject="AutoResponse has executed" Body="{Event.Data}"/>
</Actions>
</SessionEventTrigger>
</SessionEventTriggers>

Anyone with some extension knowledge able to tell me what's missing and why my email notifications are basically blank?

Scott  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 8:35:45 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 303 post(s)
The Body should be in it's own element, for example:

Code:
<TriggerAction xsi:type="SmtpTriggerAction" To="a@b.c" Subject="Auto Responded Has Executed">
        <Body>{Event.Data}</Body>
</TriggerAction>

I may have overlooked that when originally writing this. Thanks for letting me know, I'll update it and the fix will be in the next version.
ScreenConnect Team
promptcare  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:02:32 PM(UTC)
promptcare

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group MemberLevel 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Thanks for the reply. I'll update manually. I got, just an hour ago, it's first use (and, to the best of my knowledge, the first time -anyone- has tried to message me outside of a session. Had to click on 30 clients before I found which one had sent it.

If I've cloned it for editing purposes and you update, I won't get that update, will I?

Edited by user Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:04:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 24, 2014 12:33:27 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

Originally Posted by: promptcare Go to Quoted Post
If I've cloned it for editing purposes and you update, I won't get that update, will I?

I don't believe so, no. It's technically a different extension so it would update differently.

Also, anywhere in your email, you can add {Session.Name} to include the name of the session from which the message was sent. I'll add that to the Extension also.
ScreenConnect Team
rmmccann  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 7:28:07 PM(UTC)
rmmccann

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Scott-

This extension does not appear to be working for me. I do wonder if it has to do with the fact I am using SSL for my server though?

Any pointers on what I can do to make it work?
Scott  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2015 4:54:17 PM(UTC)
Scott

United States

@rmmccann it could be due to SSL, I'm investigating a similar-sounding case at the moment but I haven't been able to point a finger to HTTPS quite yet. If you have a second, can you zip together and email me the contents of that Extension's directory? You should be able to download it from the Extensions tab, Develop drop down and Download button. You can send the email to SDT@screenconnect.com and just put ATTN:Scott or something in the subject.

Thanks!
ScreenConnect Team
Joshin_IT  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 6:14:58 AM(UTC)
Joshin_IT

United States

I just installed this extension and it uses "{0}" (Minus quotes) to reference the GuestMachineName in the default email subject line. I would like to also reference CustomProperty1 if possible. Is there a corresponding code for that?

Thanks