logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sean  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2013 12:11:41 PM(UTC)
Sean

Medals: Level 3: Shirt off your back! Received 25 Thanks!

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 33 post(s)
Quote:
My IP address must have updated sometime through the day yesterday, it has been the same for the past 4 years even though I don’t have a Static IP with my ISP. I think I just need to go in and update the system to monitor my new IP address. I am going to have to get new client updates out to everyone pointing at the IP. Is there a way to update the client side?

Sorry to hear about you losing your Unattendeds due to the IP address change! Unfortunately, an upgrade of the client will not change the address to which your clients are pointing. You will need to uninstall the old one and then install a new client. To save you from having to do this again in the future, should your new IP address change, I would recommend that you look into using a free Dynamic DNS, so that your clients call back to that DNS rather than to an IP address. Our HOWTO-0002: Host with Dynamic IP has more information: http://help.screenconnect.com//HOWTO-0002.ashx

To get your new installer out to your clients, you can place the installer in your ScreenConnect Toolbox and have users connect to standard sessions with you from those old client boxes and deploy it that way. Or, you could email your customers the new installer, with instructions to uninstall the old client via Control Panel|Programs, prior to installing that new one.

Hope that helps!
ScreenConnect Team

dinaafifi  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 2:17:45 AM(UTC)
dinaafifi

I personally tried this VPN software https://www.waselpro.com/en/ to change IP address, access blocked sites at my work. It works the best for me after trying many of vpn softwares.