logo
Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Stealthgeek  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 8:38:55 PM(UTC)
Stealthgeek

This is a bit of an odd issue and I'm hoping for some assistance troubleshooting this.

I can't seem to connect to screenconnect from one machine (unfortunately its my laptop).

I have a screenconnect server up and running and ports are forwarded and everything works golden.

I have about 60 clients installed and can connect to them all fine and connect from any of their machines as well as to their machines however I can't connect to my screenconnect site from my laptop it just times out.

Screenconnect is running on my server, I have other HTTP servers running on there (as its server 2008), I can successfully connect to my spiceworks server, my svn server and my exchange server (on various ports) without issues.

I can connect from any other machine including other machines on the same local network as my laptop but my laptop is coming up dry.

I generally use Chrome however I'm having the same issue with IE. I'm able to ping the correct ip etc so I have no connectivity issues to anything but screenconnect on that machine and ONLY from this machine.

Any thoughts on what the issue could be?

I'm going to test this on a few other remote networks (my laptop elsewhere) to see if there's some kind of block specific to this location, although I have tried changing my local ip address (haven't tried MAC though yet).

Its possible maybe some esoteric routing issue is occuring on the router/switch at a MAC address level as I have an old dlink di-604 here as the main router (those old tanks never die).

Sean

Reid  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:18:44 AM(UTC)
Reid

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Hey Sean,

That _is_ an odd issue! Can we arrange a session to take a look at this? If you would, shoot me an email at support@screenconnect.com.

Thanks,
Reid
ScreenConnect Team