logo

The ConnectWise Control forum has moved to ConnectWise University! This forum has been locked and is in read-only mode. Click here for instructions on how to access the new forum.

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ron van Elteren  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 12:57:08 PM(UTC)
Ron van Elteren

Netherlands

Hello,

I am working for a consultancy firm, which implements Dynamics NAV at customers.

During a project implementation, multiple consultants will work on the same project and need to be able to log on remotely to a customers server.
Each consultant is using a different account to log in.
(ofcourse I'm aware that Windows Server Standard will only allow 2 users to log in at the same time and a Terminal Server, RDS Server or Citrix Server can handle more logins at the same time).

We are using ConnectWise Control Access at this moment (for now during test with 25 agents limit).

Is it possible to install the CW agent onto a server multiple times, so that multiple users can connect with their own login credentials ?

SoCo_Systems  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 1, 2019 1:32:00 PM(UTC)
SoCo_Systems

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I am pretty sure the answer would be no. In order to accomplish what you are wanting, each vendor would need their own Control server.

Control clients are installed with a unique number tied to a particular Control server. So you could have multiple clients on any given computer, but each would have to be calling back to a different Control server. If you try to install more than one instance from the same Control server, it will just reinstall the same instance.