logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
compvisions  
#1 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2018 3:00:08 AM(UTC)
compvisions

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We are considering moving our on site ScreenConnect installation to a VPS and are really concerned with security seeing how our ScreenConnect installation will be in a huge datacenter. Can anyone here suggest a better solution or what I should do for security? I don't want anyone to be able to get into our ScreenConnect clients other then us.
jasgot  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 12:08:54 PM(UTC)
jasgot

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: compvisions Go to Quoted Post
We are considering moving our on site ScreenConnect installation to a VPS and are really concerned with security seeing how our ScreenConnect installation will be in a huge datacenter. Can anyone here suggest a better solution or what I should do for security? I don't want anyone to be able to get into our ScreenConnect clients other then us.

Security in what way? Physical to the console? Admin to the ScreenConnect Server? Or connecting to the guests as a host from somewhere other than your office?

HTTPS, complex passwords, Two Factor Authentication, (and a request to ScreenConnect for SSL on the Relay) would get you 99% of the way there. For the data center, if it's not your's, you'll have to trust their systems.

Ever thought about AWS LightSail? You'd be completely isolated, so that takes care of the VPS and vendor trust issues....

compvisions  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 5:10:51 PM(UTC)
compvisions

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jasgot Go to Quoted Post
Security in what way? Physical to the console? Admin to the ScreenConnect Server? Or connecting to the guests as a host from somewhere other than your office?

HTTPS, complex passwords, Two Factor Authentication, (and a request to ScreenConnect for SSL on the Relay) would get you 99% of the way there. For the data center, if it's not your's, you'll have to trust their systems.

Ever thought about AWS LightSail? You'd be completely isolated, so that takes care of the VPS and vendor trust issues....

Hi jasgot. Thanks for replying. I have never heard of AWS LightSail and it sounds like exactly what I need. My only question is where does it show your completely isolated? Thanks