logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
justin_93  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2018 10:33:30 AM(UTC)
justin_93

Australia

We have a handful of client PC's that are sitting behind a fairly locked down network with externally managed routers as well as a proxy service that users need to be authenticated to for internet access.

We seem to have no issues with gaining remote access to PC's on the network provided they're authenticated to the proxy service.

Mac's, however, seem to have trouble connecting to the host server. They will connect for 1 minute or less, then disconnect, then reconnect, then disconnect. They will just keep doing this in the console as long as they're switched on.

I tried to have a look for a place to add/configure proxy settings but no luck, on Windows clients it's available by right clicking the ScreenConnect/ConnectWise system tray icon, Macs don't seem to have this.

Where can I go to try configuring proxy settings for the client on a Mac?

Cheers.
Scott  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:49:45 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 292 post(s)
What is the exact make/manufacturer/type of Proxy behind which these Macs sit? To my knowledge the Mac OSX Guest client does not currently support proxy configuration which is why I'm kind of curious as to how they're connecting at all.

If you connect to one of these Macs and wait a few minutes, does the Guest continue to disconnect and reconnect while you remain connected?
ScreenConnect Team