logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cron013  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2018 9:12:24 PM(UTC)
Cron013

United States

Good Late afternoon,

The really short version of my issue is this, is it possible with CW Control if it is presented a URL it can read the response that is json? I may have a way I could possibly do it in CW Automate, but I was hoping there was a way in CW Control to accomplish this as it may not work in CW Automate. Based on the result I may possibly sent a pair of commands from the Control server to restart a service on one specific server. I can elaborate more on the issue if necessary. I did a chat with CW Control support and was suggested to post here. Thanks in advance.

--John
Scott  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 12:07:37 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 292 post(s)
Sorry, I'm not sure that I'm following what you're trying to accomplish. Can you elaborate a bit more on exactly what you want to happen?
ScreenConnect Team
Cron013  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 21, 2018 1:36:12 PM(UTC)
Cron013

United States

Greetings and sorry I did leave it a little vague. Like many other services we leverage Icinga to monitor certain things on our CW Manage server. We also use it to watch certain things on our CW Automate server. One of the many monitors is to make sure that the email robot service in CW Manage is processing requests. But the problem is when we get the alert that the service is jammed up, there is obviously no ticket on the CW Manage boards as the Email Robot is not processing requests.

I was curious if it was possible for a CW Control extension can be written to read a json response posted from our Icinga instance and I can react based on that. A la restart a service. As my other option is to try and use an external monitor with powershell in CW Automate. Yes a ticket was logged with CW Manage, we have logged many on this one. But we are looking for a process that can restart the service without having me or one of a couple of us to log onto the server to do it manually. Hopefully that sheds a little more light on the issue. Let me know if that is not the case. Thanks in advance.
Scott  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 2:36:50 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 292 post(s)
So the basic flow is that this other Icinga application would make a web request into Control and you want for certain actions to happen within Control depending upon the request?
ScreenConnect Team
Cron013  
#5 Posted : Friday, October 12, 2018 3:11:05 PM(UTC)
Cron013

United States

I can PM you what I would have Icinga posting and I would need to parse for value(s) inside of that. Let me know when you have the chance. Thank you.