logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
zxswordxz  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 3:15:53 PM(UTC)
zxswordxz

United States

Do anyone know if it is possible to call the screen connect API and retrieve the current login user meeting Shareable link? Or even create a meeting and get the shareable link.

thank you
shawnkhall  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:43:36 PM(UTC)
shawnkhall

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 23 post(s)
The shareable link is just "/?Session={Session.SessionID}". The Host link is "/Host#Meeting///{Session.SessionID}/Join".

The API can be used to obtain SessionID and other details, or create a session and return the SessionID for you.
wil  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2018 11:51:21 PM(UTC)
wil

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi

Sorry if this is a dumb question...

I have the need to integrate SC in to a third party app. The features I need to do are retrieve and store a list of access hosts, and then be able to launch any one of those hosts (similar to how you can just click within LT to launch).

Thanks for the link to this API reference, however, I feel like I have missed something... There is no target/endpoints, no authorisation, or no DLL to load/no nothing!

I was just wondering if you have any more information on how I can actually utilise the API - or can all of these only be accessed from an extension?

I managed to find the old developer wiki on archive.org which gives a few more examples (including developing proper DLL based addins, which seems interesting!), but nothing along the lines of exactly what I need.

Thanks in advance

Wil

Edited by user Friday, September 7, 2018 12:44:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#4 Posted : Friday, September 7, 2018 12:17:50 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 299 post(s)
Just to clarify something, within our framework Extensions are used to effectively create an API. The basic flow is that your third party application makes a request to an Extension, which then interacts with the SessionManager to retrieve the information, format it however you like, and then return it to the requesting application.

In terms of wanting to get a list of Access sessions, you would create an Extension and use the following method within the WebServiceReference:

Code:

public object[] GetAccessSessions()
{
	return SessionManagerPool.Demux.GetSessions()
		.Where(_ => _.SessionType == type)
		.ToArray();
}

If you are wanting to Connect to and Join a session similar to how it's done within Automate, you can look at several other Extensions which already implement a similar method including the Remote Workforce Extension. I believe the method is called GetLaunchUrl or something similar.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
wil on 9/7/2018(UTC)