logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Max P  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:44:25 PM(UTC)
Max P

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

The Freshservice Integration extension connects your ConnectWise Control® instance to your Freshservice instance. Once installed and configured, a panel will be added to your Freshservice instance to create, join, and invite ticket recipients to sessions. After the session has ended, the integration will add an internal note with session information to the ticket.

Integration Configuration

Freshservice Integration Extension Settings

From the Extensions page, click on the user icon on the navigation bar. Select the “Freshservice Integration” menu item.
UserPostedImage

Edit the settings in the Freshservice Integration Settings panel.
UserPostedImage

General Settings:

• ConnectWise Control API Token: This token is automatically generated the first time you open the Freshservice Integration Settings modal in ConnectWise Control. Paste this API token into the
  • ConnectWise Remote Support app settings in Freshservice.
  • ConnectWise Control Base URL: Base ConnectWise Control URL used to generate responses to POST requests from Freshservice ; e.g., https://[subdomain].screenconnect.com .
  • Freshservice Base URL: Base Freshservice URL used to generate outbound POST requests; e.g. https://[subdomain].freshservice.com .
  • Freshservice Username: Freshservice username used to authenticate outbound requests from ConnectWise Control to Freshservice.
  • Freshservice API Key: This setting is used only if the Freshservice password setting is empty. The Freshservice API key is found in your user profile settings in Freshservice.
  • Freshservice Session Prefix: Session name prefix used to identify a ConnectWise support session as Freshservice-integrated (default is "Freshservice-")

Session Summary Postback Content:

• Chat History: Should ConnectWise send chat history to Freshservice when a Freshservice-integrated support session is ended?
  • Session Events: Should ConnectWise send session events (e.g. ProcessedTool, ProcessedCommand) to Freshservice when a Freshservice-integrated support session is ended?
  • Session Connection Events: Should ConnectWise send session connection events (e.g. SentPrintJob, CopiedText) to Freshservice when a Freshservice-integrated support session is ended?
  • Notes: Should ConnectWise send session note history to Freshservice when a Freshservice-integrated support session is ended?
  • Capture Download Links: Should ConnectWise send session capture links to Freshservice when a Freshservice-integrated support session is endConnectWise Control Remote Support App for Freshservice

Settings:

• ConnectWise Control URL: Base ConnectWise Control URL used to generate Freshservice requests; e.g., https://[subdomain].screenconnect.com .
  • ConnectWise Control API Token: This value should match the value of the ConnectWise API Token setting in ConnecFreshservice Integration Showcase tWise Control.

UserPostedImage
Figure 1: Default view of the ConnectWise Remote Support App for Freshservice with no prior ConnectWise support session data.

UserPostedImage
Figure 2: Agent clicks "Create Support Session"; the ticket will automatically update to show a guest invitation URL. The agent may automatically generate a public reply with guest join information and a link to join the session by clicking "Generate Requestor Reply".

UserPostedImage
Figure 3: Once the agent ends the support session, ConnectWise sends session summary information back to the Freshservice ticket as a private note. All session date and time information is UTC.

Edited by user Monday, July 23, 2018 1:11:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

swika925  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 20, 2018 8:22:23 AM(UTC)
swika925

United States

Hello,

I just enabled the Fresh Service extension but when I click 'create support session' in FS, i get an 'invalid credentials' error. The API key and URL is all configured properly. SSL cert is enabled on the connectwise server. Any ideas?
swika925  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 23, 2018 8:32:57 PM(UTC)
swika925

United States

any thoughts on this one?
joao.faria  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:02:02 PM(UTC)
joao.faria

Portugal

I've installed the freshservice extension on our screenconnect, and the connectwise app on freshservice to integrate on both sides.

We can create sessions on freshservice and join them, however, no statistics get written back on freshservice when the session ends.
I've rechecked the settings and authentication on the screenconnect side, but it still does not write anything back to the ticket. Is anyone having a similar issue?

(cloud version 6.6.18120.6697)

Best regards,
Joao
Max P  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 6:29:43 PM(UTC)
Max P

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

Hi Joao, we confirmed that the session summary info only gets sent back if a session is ended via the "End" button. Please try that and let us know if that works consistently for you.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 14, 2018 2:14:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joao.faria  
#6 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2018 2:11:20 PM(UTC)
joao.faria

Portugal

Yes on the "send to the requester" the join info. But no on the screenconnect writing back the summary on the ticket. :-/
joao.faria  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2018 6:27:32 PM(UTC)
joao.faria

Portugal

Ok. It's working. Great success.

Noticed one detail. The logs that are written back to freshservice, have 1 hour of difference (-1). Maybe timezone or daylight savings. But being a cloud instance, can it be corrected?
Scott  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 12:44:23 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 299 post(s)
@joao.faria judging from your the Portuguese flag below your avatar you're in Western European Summer Timezone, right? That would put you at UTC +1. Right now times returned from the Control database are all in UTC time which would account for the difference.

Either way, we've reached out to FreshWorks to address this issue (and provided some suggested resolution routes) but since they are the authors of the extension there's not a whole lot else we can do.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
joao.faria on 8/8/2018(UTC)
joao.faria  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2018 4:51:08 PM(UTC)
joao.faria

Portugal

Ok

Thanks for the feedback.
tank4gunner  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 7:06:14 PM(UTC)
tank4gunner

United States

I am having the same issue as the first person who replied. I have setup the extension/app on both sides but when I click "Create Support Session" I get a message at the top of the fresh service screen that says "Invalid Credentials". I am using the self hosted version of CW Control, Self Hosted Version 6.6.18120.6697. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? Did I miss a step?

Edited by user Wednesday, September 19, 2018 10:05:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Scott  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:26:58 PM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 299 post(s)
@tank4gunner If you haven't already, your best bet is to contact FreshWorks since they wrote the integration on their end.
ScreenConnect Team