logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mhanson  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 13, 2018 11:57:40 AM(UTC)
mhanson

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello All,

A few questions about the new iOS client before I look at implementing it. The reason I ask this is we have thousand or so phones to support.

• Assuming we have an MDM solution, is there a way to pre-populate the address of the server?
  • Does the user have to 1) Launch the app, 2) type the address, 3) type the code, and then 4) use the settings to broadcast their screen, or is there a shorter series of steps we could follow or implement to initiate a connection?
  • Is there any way or are there any plans to make this similar to an Access client as opposed to a Support Session?
  • Does this work in the free version? (I'm asking as I do testing there)

Thanks!

Matt
bnx2014  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 16, 2018 8:42:55 AM(UTC)
bnx2014

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
The ideal for me would be some sort of URL scheme that I think apps can do. So I could send someone a link and it would open the app and pass the parameters to set the required options as much as possible to connect to our server. If no code supplied, have them type it, but fundamentally making it simple for someone who doesn't know what they are doing to get support.
Scott  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:36:13 AM(UTC)
Scott

Medals: Level 4: Wise Old Owl! Received 100 Thanks!

United States

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 292 post(s)
To my knowledge we have not implemented a way to prepopulate the URL via a MDM platform, although it's a great idea. Please make sure you register it on our product feedback forum.

Quote:
Does the user have to 1) Launch the app, 2) type the address, 3) type the code, and then 4) use the settings to broadcast their screen, or is there a shorter series of steps we could follow or implement to initiate a connection?

Yes that's correct. I agree it's a lot of steps but at this point it's the best (and only option) that Apple has given us. The moment they decide to make it easier we'll be ready to implement the change.

Quote:
Is there any way or are there any plans to make this similar to an Access client as opposed to a Support Session?

I don't believe there is currently a way to make the connection persistent and I (personally) kind of doubt Apple will implement this kind of functionality anytime soon.

To my knowledge this does not work with a Free cloud instance, the ability to support iOS and Android Guests is included in the Standard package, as shown here.
ScreenConnect Team
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
mhanson on 7/20/2018(UTC)
georg.leitner  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 18, 2018 1:19:01 PM(UTC)
georg.leitner

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Austria

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
there is a similar request for android already:

https://control.product....id-client-mdm-controlled