logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AustinKnight  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 2:44:57 PM(UTC)
AustinKnight

Medals: Level 1: Random Act of Kindness! Received One Thanks!

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
The latest version of screenconnect for IOS that just updated, BROKE my connection to my On-Premise version 5.6 Server and only goes to the Guest Page. I read carefully the requirements on the App store and it clearly states it will work with 5.3+ Please fix this ASAP since we are not able to use this version of Mobile. I called support to be told we needed ScreenConnect Legacy ( this version has poor resolution and is buggy. We have never used the legacy version before and should not be forced to downgrade our product.Angry
JASON T. AUSTIN
Lead Network Engineer
Falcon Development, Inc.
www.falcondevelopment.com

deecater  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 12, 2018 8:50:22 PM(UTC)
deecater

Medals: ScreenConnect Advisor: Focus Group Member

Woman
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Hi Jason. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We simplified the home screen of the iOS application to make that experience simpler for end-users to get connected quickly. Hosts are able to log in by navigating to the guest page and clicking the "Login" link. Because we officially support two versions back, we tested this on a few of the newer versions of ConnectWise Control and it works as intended. Partners on versions before 6.0 do not have the latest improvements to the guest page and the login button is hidden as a result.

We are currently working on an update for the iOS application to fix this issue for legacy versions of ConnectWise Control. In the meantime, we published the Legacy iOS Compatibility extension earlier today. The extension will tweak the UI of the guest page to expose the "login" link, allowing you to authenticate into your instance from the ConnectWise Control iOS mobile application. This should ensure compatibility for you.

Thanks! Please let me know if this works for you or if you run into any further issues.
rmmccann  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2018 4:24:24 AM(UTC)
rmmccann

Medals: Level 2: Lent a Helping Hand! 10 Thanks!

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I've noticed that even with the compatibility extension installed that a few things are happening:

1) My client is forcing me to reauthenticate very often. I used to be able to stay logged in for weeks. Now I'm having to log in every few days, and sometimes every launch of the app.

2) I am not able to type in the "command" box.

I'm also running 5.6 and haven't made plans to upgrade yet. Maybe your legacy product should be upgraded to the previous version of the iOS app since it worked wonderfully for me.